FactionRecon

11PzG Grunt

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

3,889 Posts

0 Threads

#31 16 years ago

I'm sure those devs'll fix it up right. I hope so, it's got potential.

Ronin Pedroshin

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

13th June 2004

0 Uploads

878 Posts

0 Threads

#32 16 years ago

Ok so I got the confirmation. It'll be redone, not from the third party person who submitted it (Kingrudolf?) but by the FH Devs. Let's hope it turns out to be a great map.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#33 16 years ago
FactionReconI never really liked that map. Every time it came up in the rotation I'd disconnect because it was never a "battle", just a camp-fest.

Same here. At least Omaha and what have you has some unpredictability in it. Berlin-O was just man the arty and kill tanks on German and on Russians it was assemble a little force, go over the hill, and all of you die. It was really lame in my opinion.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#34 16 years ago
Comrade PedrovskaOk so I got the confirmation. It'll be redone, not from the third party person who submitted it (Kingrudolf?) but by the FH Devs. Let's hope it turns out to be a great map.

i said that to them when 0.61 was released .. (to kingrudolf) i think he would give the 88s longer respawn time and make it so that the KT spawns longer into the game ..

Bong, James Bong

GF makes me horny

50 XP

31st July 2004

0 Uploads

90 Posts

0 Threads

#35 16 years ago

Plus you can't move 2 ft. without hitting the barbed wire and losing half your health!

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

1st November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#36 16 years ago

I liked the map but it was too one sided because artillary is hardly never used as a support weapon on publics which is what is needed to make Outskirts play better.

My recommendation would be just to flatten out the hill, which was too much in Axis favour, and give Axis a couple of 4Hs and maybe a Tiger

Meatsheild

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

1st August 2004

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#37 16 years ago

I was rewarded for playing a hero. Just 4 fun i played as allied. Then i took that small fast russian tanks and chaaaaaaaaaaarged. Drived next to one of the flack cannons and killed the controller. I just managed to cap the flag before i died. But it was 2 late in the game to make much differense. DONT remove that map. It rocks.

Zehnder

Hands up. Who wants to die?

50 XP

27th July 2004

0 Uploads

584 Posts

0 Threads

#38 16 years ago

Well I hope the devs take notice that there are a lot of pros here for keeping that map and not many cons.

I agree on one thing agains this map though, before I upgraded my machine this map was a lagging nightmare, I hope that if they decide to put the map back in a future release it is cleaned up a bit.

Apro-FIN-

Real men don't change avatars!

50 XP

31st August 2004

0 Uploads

551 Posts

0 Threads

#39 16 years ago

Why is it that maps that ppl complain to be laggy never lag when I'm playing, but all the maps that play fine with others lag on me? I have honestly NEVER had disturbing lag on outskirts. What I have had is a lot of fun games. Outskirt rocks. Damn it is hard but it is possible.

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#40 16 years ago
Apro-FIN-Why is it that maps that ppl complain to be laggy never lag when I'm playing, but all the maps that play fine with others lag on me? I have honestly NEVER had disturbing lag on outskirts. What I have had is a lot of fun games. Outskirt rocks. Damn it is hard but it is possible.

What system have you got though? If you have like Pentium 4 3.4 ghz , 1.5 gb ram and an X800 pro with a mega fast cable connection its not surprising.