Forgotten Hope News Update: 2nd July 2008 -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#71 10 years ago
LordInvictus;4417434I hope Jodonnel made some officer hats with feathers :p

please don't :p capercaille feathered helmets and hats are only used by bersaglieri units; eagle feathered helmets and hats are only used by alpine troops. Giving standard line infantry soldiers feathered hats would have about as much sense as giving them paratroopers' helmets ;)

Johannes

France's Bitch

50 XP

13th December 2004

0 Uploads

943 Posts

0 Threads

#72 10 years ago

Yeah, as I pointed out earlier in the topic, I usually see the M1938 designation for the 7.35 mm fucile corto whereas I see 91/38 signifying that the fucile corto was re-barreled or built for the older 6.5 mm ammunition.

And yes, as it was not a carbine. The Italians considered it a "fucile corto," or short rifle, that was meant to replace the older 1891 rifle as the standard firearm.

The true carbines (moschetto) were some of the various TS models (I know little about them) and the 1891 Carcano cavalry carbine (my favorite! there was also the 1938 cavalry carbine, which was the same except barreled for the 7.35 mm).

Nevertheless, the 1938 Carcano short rifles are still noticeably shorter than the rifles used by the other nations (Lee-Enfield and K98k).

[130.Pz]W.Fuchs

Requiescat in Pace

50 XP

20th March 2008

0 Uploads

4,766 Posts

0 Threads

#73 10 years ago

Atleast admit they look super awesome :(

Johannes

France's Bitch

50 XP

13th December 2004

0 Uploads

943 Posts

0 Threads

#74 10 years ago

That they do! As I said, this is by far my favorite update in months.

[130.Pz]W.Fuchs

Requiescat in Pace

50 XP

20th March 2008

0 Uploads

4,766 Posts

0 Threads

#75 10 years ago

Rattolavante, I thought the bersaglieri fought in North-Africa to.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#76 10 years ago

sure they did (their main role in WW2 was motorized infantry in armored divisions). they fought in some of the battles already in FH2 too

Anyway, while I'd like to see some proper bersaglieri in the mod, the problem is that the carbines they used are different enough from the regular rifles to need their own model, skin and especially animation :( and we don't have a complete italian line infantry model yet, so I'd first complete it and eventually move to other models (bersaglieri, and alpine troops if there will be russian front maps) later

BTW, I don't know if the feathers were actually kept/used in real combat situations. All pics I saw showing feathered helmets in Africa are apparently either staged photos or photos taken in the rear lines.

[130.Pz]W.Fuchs

Requiescat in Pace

50 XP

20th March 2008

0 Uploads

4,766 Posts

0 Threads

#77 10 years ago

And battle pictures are rare enough :p

Johannes

France's Bitch

50 XP

13th December 2004

0 Uploads

943 Posts

0 Threads

#78 10 years ago

This reminds me, if the devs were apparently unaware of the existence of the ejection hole from which the Carcano clips were dropped, wouldn't the texture of the gun have to have the proper spot shaded to represent that hole?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#79 10 years ago
'[130.PzW.Fuchs;4419927']And battle pictures are rare enough :p

that's true, but I'd have expected more "informal" pics like this one

Spoiler: Show
valentine1.jpg

where the soldiers haven't the complete uniform (with the jacket in the desert...), or pics of POWs, etc.

spitfire05

[F|H]spit

50 XP

18th February 2008

0 Uploads

404 Posts

0 Threads

#80 10 years ago

so no update for today?