Hi Soldiers. Well, opening a thread that will clearly and concretly help the developers in enhancing the game from the viewpoint of a common soldier in FH2 by reading suggestions posted in this thread:
So why wont you start?
1.] Sound has to be adjusted so it sounds more realistic. Revolver and other small-calibre sounds are too weak. Even the machineguns of the Stuka are so flat and uninspired that it would help replacing it with the Vickers 30mm gunsound. The German language is badly translated and the accent talked is too modern for the german spoken in the 40's. 2.] The realism level is a bit too high which makes FH2 less fun. Planes are too difficult to fly for example and you could say that you are forced by the game to buy a joystick for better piloting which is clearly negative. It is far too difficult to land a plane and working instruments are a must for so much realism. It happens too often that you stall without noticing it. Either introduce working instruments or reduce the realism of planes to a more fun level. 3.] The commander interface overwatching the entire battlefield is the same as in BF2, too modern. 4.] The well-used bug with the use of the BREN in standing position should be solved or replaced by stationary BRENS or the BREN entirely removed. 5.] Bodyparts are too easily visibly through walls and you can even kill a person by just attacking the bodypart outside the wall and kill the person inside. Thats extremely negative. Should be solved.
Dzanic;4279961 5.] Bodyparts are too easily visibly through walls and you can even kill a person by just attacking the bodypart outside the wall and kill the person inside. Thats extremely negative. Should be solved.
What type of wall do you mean though? A structural wall of a building or one of those corrugated tin walls/wooden walls? I only ask because rifle and mg rounds will go right through the tin and wooden walls.
Dzanic;42799611.] Sound has to be adjusted so it sounds more realistic. Revolver and other small-calibre sound is to weak. Even the machineguns of the Stuka might be replaced by the vickers 30mm gunsound. The german language spoken is the worst translation and use of a non-english language in the game.
Yeah, sort of agreed with this point. The weapons and sounds in general need more balls. But that's a given, come more advanced versions of the mod.
2.] The realism level is a bit too high which makes FH2 less fun. Planes are too difficult to fly for example and you could say that you are forced by the game to buy a joystick for better piloting which is clearly negative.
Disagreed. If you want to go even more arcade than what FH2 currently is, I suggest you just stick to BF2 or something. FH2 is a great mix of both realism, arcade and tons of fun in one package. It uses all those three aspects in a great way without overdoing the realism and arcade factors.
3.] The commander interface overwatching the entire battlefield is the same as in BF2, too modern.
4.] The well-used bug with the use of the BREN in standing position should be solved or replaced by stationary BRENS or the BREN entirely removed.
what "well used bug with the use of the BREN" ?
5.] Bodyparts are too easily visibly through walls and you can even kill a person by just attacking the bodypart outside the wall and kill the person inside. Thats extremely negative. Should be solved.
This is unfixable by devs. Unless they start to make models so bloody thick that you can fit a prone-positioned soldier inside them horizontally. It's not upto the team, its upto the game developers.
Thanks, I suppose. :lookaround:
1. OK, but it´s a lot of work with low priority. The german language files are from the dubbed german version of BF2. Because of that, they use a very modern german language with english words like "Sir" or "sorry", which is quit common in todays german. 2. The devs aim for a good mix between realism and fun. I think it´s good that flying is hard and for "specialists" only, but I don´t have a opinion about flying, because I never do it. 3. Yes, perhaps there is a possibility to replace it with some sort of map? 4. The Bren can be used from a standing position, unlike the german MG34. Removing the bren entirely is not an option, because it is one of the most important weapons of the commonwealth. I don´t think there is a blance-problem. 5. Yeah it sucks, but I guess the BF2-engine is too blame. I don´t think there is a way to solve that.
shouldn't this be in the suggestions forum?
2. don't even bother, the game is a great balance between realism and arcade
4. there is no bug with the bren, you are supposed to be able to fire it standing.
5. this however i agree with you on, but if it's true what flippy says, then we will just have to live with it, not a big deal.
2) Yeah, planes aren't as much fun to fly as they were in FH1, thanks to the removal of the nose-cam view, but you'll have to get used to it I think. Planes were just too powerful and too 'arcadey' in FH1, which meant that it wasn't uncommon to see half the team camping and TKing each other at the plane spawn, desperate to get into the air. Don't see that so much now.
4) The Bren could be fired from the hip, and the original Mk1 model had an assault sling and pistol grip under the butt designed for that very purpose. The MG34 could be fired from the hip as well, but that's been discussed to death. I wouldn't complain if the Bren had to be deployed to fire, like the MG34, to stop the Rambos, but the iron-sight on the Bren could do with reworking in that case (too slow to come up, blocks too much of your field of vision).
FH2 is good as it is, just play it
Actually, come to think about it, the planes in FH2 are actually quite good, and this comes from a guy who hates flyboys and loves to see the planes coming down as burning wrecks. But very recently, I have been flying in both public and testing versions of the mod and I must admit that while its very difficult to hunt down enemy units on the ground, the dogfighting action is very lovely. I was never good at flying in FH, nor in FH2, but very recently in FH2, I have been learning how to do proper strafe-runs with the mersu. It's great when you know how and can easily dominate the enemy positions, giving your ground forces time to move in and occupy enemy positions.