terminal-strike

terminal-strike

50 XP

6th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,313 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I was looking through a bfnation thread on fh and saw that the Uhu model is completed. This was one of the few things there that I had not seen already in the news so I thought other might be interested as well. Ill be quite in to flying this in 65 if it indeed is in it as the thread suggests. The thread it was in (which i got to by somone posting on this very foum btw) http://fhnation.ngz-network.de/board/thread.php?threadid=551&sid=cd866147c8aea9649a163a70c85fa74e The uhu: 5856_1.jpg And according to Hartmann in this thread: http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=146302&highlight=219 It will have guns capable of being elevated. He says:

Major HartmannThe Uhu in FH has this feature, 2x 30mm firing in a 60° or 70° (don't remember) angle. You can try to aim by moving th ecam by mouseview to the highest elevation, it will show where you hit.

Im hoping in the usual fashion of making variants, we may get to see a day-fighter version as well.

The American Way

The Mute Voice of Reason

50 XP

25th July 2004

0 Uploads

407 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

That's a really nice model, I wonder if it will have radar like the planes from DC seeing how it has that radar antenna on the nose.

obliviousnation

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,424 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago
The American WayThat's a really nice model, I wonder if it will have radar like the planes from DC seeing how it has that radar antenna on the nose.

The problem is the radars in DC show up everything from other planes to infantry to machine gun posts to tanks.I wonder if it would be possible to code the radar so it only picks up planes.

FactionRecon

11PzG Grunt

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

3,889 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

I would expect so, but only very limited seeing as how this is WW2 era tech we're talking about.

unrealgama

In game name:*TRA*M.Szt.Kol.Kl

50 XP

27th May 2004

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Corect me if im wrong but im like 90% sure the jerri's didnt have radar begin a closly garuded allied secrect and agian corect me if im wrong but whernt radar systems at the time the sisze of a small house. there proabbly radio anttenas's

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
Al CaponeThe problem is the radars in DC show up everything from other planes to infantry to machine gun posts to tanks.I wonder if it would be possible to code the radar so it only picks up planes.[/QUOTE]Why would a radar only pick up planes might I ask? [QUOTE=unrealgama]Corect me if im wrong but im like 90% sure the jerri's didnt have radar begin a closly garuded allied secrect and agian corect me if im wrong but whernt radar systems at the time the sisze of a small house. there proabbly radio anttenas's

Consider yourself corrected, the antennas at the front is the radar. There were small radars and large radars.

FactionRecon

11PzG Grunt

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

3,889 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Well for this plane it looks like it'd be meant to pick up ground targets. Doesn't look to be quite the nimble fighter type.

[CoUk]niu

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

12th March 2004

0 Uploads

2,110 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

http://www.nasm.si.edu/research/aero/aircraft/heinkel_219.htm hard to fit ww2 radar technology into a small plane,I guess

terminal-strike

terminal-strike

50 XP

6th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,313 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

These old radars were not like modern ones that scaned all around, but if they did fo it I read some where you can have radars that scan below the plane, or above it in bf1942. So I suppose they could do the above one to have it "only" look for planes, or at least exclude ground targets.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
FactionReconWell for this plane it looks like it'd be meant to pick up ground targets. Doesn't look to be quite the nimble fighter type.

well it's more for fighting bombers I guess rather than fighters