Zehnder

Hands up. Who wants to die?

50 XP

27th July 2004

0 Uploads

584 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago

I don't think you guys fully understood what McGibs said. Nothing can or will be done about this. BF2 and FH2 will start anew from the ground up so maybe then.

Admiral Donutz Advanced Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

The soldiers are about 1.80 meters long (atleast that is that i think). If they screw up again for bf2 i'm gonna punch those creeps at Dice in the face, if they do make objects the correct size and put the damm head came inside the head where it belongs i'm gonna... well play some FH2 frolicing all over the place.

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago

The cam position can be altered very easily, but it has a very nasty side effect. If I place the cam where the head is (while being prone) you can look through walls, because as you may have noticed, you can couch into walls partitially.

AussieZaitsev

Revenge was here.

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,970 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago

GG dice collision mesh's

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago

Yet another reason why we shouldn't use absolute real-world numbers in weapon and vehicle performance. NOTHING in this game engine is scaled to real world levels. It's ALL screwed up. Coding in real-world values only further screws things up. Real world RATIOS, though, is a different thing. THAT could be coded just fine.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago

So how do you know the viewpoint for bf2 is any different? After all, to Dice it worked fine the way it was, same with weapon switching bugs and such that doesnt affect vanilla

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago

From what I've heard, BF2 handles issues of scale in a DRAMATICALLY different way from 1942. Apparently, for example, maps will scale to the number of players. So, you won't have to worry about there only being 16 guys on a map the size of Breakthrough. I'm not sure how well this'll work in practice, but it's an interesting theory. One would hope that, if they're concerned with the scale of gameplay, they'd apply that to the rest of their game.

Also, remember that FH2 will not be using ANY DICE models (and probably no statics either) because all DICE stuff will be modern equipment. So, if FH2 is being developed literally from the ground up, there's no reason to worry about DICE's scale for BF2.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago

You forget that if the viewpoint is in the head you can see through walls, the question is if they have fixed the clipping problems. Also the map size is set in the server set up, it's not dynamic..

Real-BadSeed

Science experiment

50 XP

5th December 2004

0 Uploads

3,799 Posts

0 Threads

#19 15 years ago

rolf umpa-lumpa's lololol

terminal-strike

terminal-strike

50 XP

6th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,313 Posts

0 Threads

#20 15 years ago
Major HartmannThe cam position can be altered very easily, but it has a very nasty side effect. If I place the cam where the head is (while being prone) you can look through walls, because as you may have noticed, you can couch into walls partitially.

any chance you would release a mini-mod of fh with this changed just to try this out (moved viewpoint) :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: Or maybe one with people as half-height.. i.e midgets fh. Hell I will umm..well ok I dont really have anything to offer. mmm maybe praise? hartmann your the best!! :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows: