Lateralus

Ad astra per aspera.

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

441 Posts

0 Threads

#21 15 years ago
Solo4114 Also, remember that FH2 will not be using ANY DICE models (and probably no statics either) because all DICE stuff will be modern equipment.

I doubt they'll ditch everything in the game. Lots of stuff will probably be able to be carried over - trees, bushes, fences, walls, houses, bridges, roads, hangars, etc. Especially for FH's desert maps.

That said, the carryovers will be much smaller in number than in this current version. If DICE still mangles the scale for BF2, the FH dev team will probably pick out just what stuff they want to port and adjust the scale accordingly.

Since most stuff will be built from scratch, though, it also means it will take damned near forever for them to get out a decent first release. I'd say probably four to six months after the initial release, at least.

Arisaka

Staff suffers from PCD

50 XP

16th August 2004

0 Uploads

1,495 Posts

0 Threads

#22 15 years ago
Solo4114Apparently, for example, maps will scale to the number of players. So, you won't have to worry about there only being 16 guys on a map the size of Breakthrough. I'm not sure how well this'll work in practice, but it's an interesting theory.

out of bounds get scaled. go google, and you'll see it. there's also screenshots around here.

despite DiCE's hard struggle to make BF2 suck, FH might actually manage to make a great game out of that engine too! :naughty:

FactionRecon

11PzG Grunt

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

3,889 Posts

0 Threads

#23 15 years ago

I'm really hoping that the scaling issues have been resolved for BF2. That would make things look and feel a lot more realistic and would assist mod teams (like FH with the tankette, hehe). I have high hopes though, since by looking at the videos, you can see the proportion of vehicles to infantry. In one video it showed an infantryman running up to an armored car and pausing. This really revealed that they are handling it well, since the guy was not even close to reaching the top of the car.

Only time will tell...

cagey1

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

22nd February 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#24 15 years ago

I love the some of the ads showing for this thread: Bone-Growthâ„¢ Institute Grow Taller With Us - Now When Nothing Else Works Must have been all the talk about oompah loompas and undersized vehicles