salmonella_salmon

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

26th January 2004

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#141 15 years ago

B.F. Pierce said this; most of these forces were comprised by the United States, Great Britain, and CANADA. Please, a little recognition, some canadian maps would be nice and contrary to popular belief, our uiniforms in the Second World War did not look like that of the ones depicted in the map "Liberation of Caen". Canadians participated mainly in trench warfare, which some of you may find tedious, but on the contrary you never know what'll happen. Although Canada had an ENORMOUS airbourne division, fought at Dieppe, and took Juno Beach. I can name hundreds of WW2 battles canadians fought in. Please, some canadian maps. It would be a greatly deserved tribute to Canada that i think has eluded us...

peckens

peck peck peck wooodddddd

50 XP

26th January 2004

0 Uploads

431 Posts

0 Threads

#142 15 years ago

i like the map but i dont think there should be a sniper class because in real life a sniper would not be able to see some1 in the bunker down from the beach but maybe in the nest

Kwyjibo

75th Airborne Division CO

50 XP

6th August 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#143 15 years ago

Hey,

Im having trouble getting the server side version of the map to run on our server. I uploaded the server side version into the fh maps folder with all the others, and added it to the servers map list, but whenever i tell the server to change to the map, it says it does not exist or dosent support conquest mode. Iv also tried uploading the full client version to see if it would run with that for any reason and I get the same problem. Any idea on what I may be doing wrong? I also have trouble running Breakthrough, Fall Wiess, Prokorovka, and Alpenfestung, but its not the same issue. Those maps the server will switch and run, but any client that tries to connect will crash once they are done loading. It almost seems in that case like the version does not match but the server is running .61. Please let me know, thanks.

=Hun Hunter=

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

3rd September 2003

0 Uploads

36 Posts

0 Threads

#144 15 years ago

[B]NICE MAP MAN U R TEH LEET PWNAGE AND WHOEVER MADE IT SHOULD BE GIVEN A MILLION DOLLARS AND OR GIVEN A JOB IN THE BEST GAMES COMPANY EVER PS ZTHAT MAP IS THE BEST IVE EVER SEEN AND I LIKE IT ALOT>>>>>> PSTTT I LIKE IT LOTS SND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT...

(apart from the fact that there are like NO australian servers...)

Formerly Human

PsP Leutnant for WaW Axis

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

383 Posts

0 Threads

#145 15 years ago

I think as it is the allies get their butts handed to them a little too much. I think they need one destroyer to help them out (after all the tide wasn't turned on Omaha until 2 destroyers literally drove up to the beach and blew apart the German pillboxes one by one.) Also, could we get a Duplex Drive Sherman?? Please?

peckens

peck peck peck wooodddddd

50 XP

26th January 2004

0 Uploads

431 Posts

0 Threads

#146 15 years ago

they did not get arty support when the landings started

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#147 15 years ago
peckensi like the map but i dont think there should be a sniper class because in real life a sniper would not be able to see some1 in the bunker down from the beach but maybe in the nest

sniper kit is on the beach hidden

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#148 15 years ago

I think this map is VERY balanced. It's all about who uses better teamwork. Thats what it all boils down to. Ive played 4 times, and all extreamly close games (within 20 tickets)

Allies need to keep those german MGs supressed with BARs, .30s and thier sniper until they can break through the bunkers. Germans need to keep a tight security to make sure no one slips by.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#149 15 years ago

McGibsI think this map is VERY balanced. It's all about who uses better teamwork. Thats what it all boils down to. Ive played 4 times, and all extreamly close games (within 20 tickets)

Allies need to keep those german MGs supressed with BARs, .30s and thier sniper until they can break through the bunkers. Germans need to keep a tight security to make sure no one slips by.

saw you on the BFE server man you should have stayed for Gold beach it was a real great Alleid Victory. I am at the house flag 3 Germans come up stairs since iam greying the flag the charge up I am like "ahh shit" i kill two of them with the sten and i kill the third with the knife since the No.2 is useless as a back up weapon.

I agree charlie is fairly well balanced it all boils down to teamwork.

[Spartans]Nurdy

Commissioner Engineer.

50 XP

5th May 2004

0 Uploads

800 Posts

0 Threads

#150 15 years ago

Artie: In future situations, grab a machine gun and just lie on the top stair on the top staircase and wait for them.