Lend-Lease in FH2 -1 reply

Please wait...

King_Parliament

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

I was really pleased by the presence of lend-lease armor in FH, but I was disappointed to see that many weapons shipped to the Russians were not represented.

Lend-lease gear was something that the Russians likely would have functioned just fine without, but it was everywhere, and with startling variation. A couple early-war tanks that were forgotten in FH was the Grant and Lee tanks. While the soviets came to abhor them, they were a major part of early war lend-lease aid and providing more to the "Armor Wall" in Kursk, and their total lack (particularly in the Africa campaign of FH) was suprising at the least.

And of lend-lease small-arms. Bazookas were something surprising but nice to see in FH, but the lack of Tommy Guns, Stens, Enfields, Colt .45 handguns, and even a Johnson 1941 or two was a little dissappointing. I'm perfectly aware that the Russian production of PPSh 41s and Nagant rifles was excessive to the extreme, but early war battles saw scattered presence of western weapons, while late-war battles saw virtually none. I'd imagine having these weapons avaliable in maps representing early stages of Barbarossa as pickups (albeit in small quantities) would be an excellent way of representing their minor but noticable presence.




yuiop

Snowden's Secret

50 XP

23rd May 2003

0 Uploads

3,752 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

It might be interesting to have lend lease weapons occur a certain percentage of the time instead of having them as pickups. For example, a Russian infantryman has a 10% chance of spawning with an enfield.




King_Parliament

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago
yuiopIt might be interesting to have lend lease weapons occur a certain percentage of the time instead of having them as pickups. For example, a Russian infantryman has a 10% chance of spawning with an enfield.

Ah... I forgot about the randomized weapon spawns. That would be an excellent idea, being that Russian troops didn't really have a choice in armament.

I'd imagine it'd be more along the lines of a 80% chance Soviet weapon, 20% western weapon, with similar conditions for the Anti-Armor. Also, weapon presence should be there too. The ultra-rare Johnson '41 making up a 2% chance, the Tommy a 10%, etc.




lumpeh

FH Groupie

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,174 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

its not really randomised. Say 4 players spawn in as assault - first 3 get clips & last one gets drums then this queue repeats itself till the map ends.




Komrad_B

Score Monkey

45,850 XP

2nd September 2004

0 Uploads

4,500 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Erhh... The soviets used exclusively russian hand weapons. Something we'd need is a land leased Sherman 76mm.




Fake Shemp

Dynamite w/ a laserbeam

50 XP

18th August 2004

0 Uploads

473 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago
Komrad_BErhh... The soviets used exclusively russian hand weapons. Something we'd need is a land leased Sherman 76mm.

Besides, what difference would that really make, Enfield over Mosin Nagat? Maybe there's some sort of caliber/accuracy difference I'm not aware of, but it seems pretty superficial to me. Now, a Johnson over a DP 28, on the other hand...:naughty:

I don't know if they ever made it to the Motherland, but some Priests sure would be nice too to supplement the amazingly sluggish KVs we have to deal with. And I can't even begin to imagine what would happen if a few comrades showed up on the Volga in some hot-off-the-assembly-line PT Boats.... :D

^ All probably exceedingly unrealistic, but I ain't no Anshulac....




Gauntlet

Dead rather than Red!

50 XP

25th April 2004

0 Uploads

4,346 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

I somehow doubt that smallarms like Enflield and Thompsons actually contributed to 0.001% of the Russian total smallarms amount.

So I vote no.




AnAce

666

50 XP

24th November 2005

0 Uploads

103 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

Shermans were the most comman lend-lease tank in the USSR. I'm pretty sure most Thompsons were delivered with the tanks. Many lend-lease mgs were mounted on tanks and apcs. Also at least one M26 Pershing was sent to the USSR. Anyone know if it saw combat? The Soviet Navy use many lend-lease destroyers. Trucks were the most common lend-lease vehicles. Most common lend-lease fighters and bombers were P-39s, P-40s, A-20s and B-25s. I attached some pics.




spartanlegend

Waiting patiently for FH2

50 XP

19th November 2004

0 Uploads

211 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

I'd agree with the Early war random spawn, but from Kursk onwards it's taboo




[130pz.]Kading

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

9th April 2005

0 Uploads

2,794 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

well, the russians DO get a stuart on orel.