handsomeplzer

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

1st September 2003

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

This could explain some of the reasons why we have a sloppy 1.20 patch. But the real question is how will the modding community and players react to this? Good...Bad??? BF3: 2142

With the Battlefield franchise, EA and DICE have taken us from the trenches of WWII, passing through Vietnam War's fiercest battles and now into a fictional present warzone in Battlefield 2 for the PC and Battlefield 2 Modern Combat for consoles. So, what could be the next logical step for the franchise? Past, present... you got it! It seems the Battlefield franchise is about to enter a new era as it forwards in time to invade the frontlines of the future. Speaking to Shacknews about the upcoming Battlefield 2 Modern Combat for the Xbox 360, senior producer Dan Blackstone hinted as what’s next for the franchise: What can we expect for the future of the Battlefield franchise? Dan Blackstone: We’re about to announce something very big, so stay tuned. One other interviewer asked this and I gave him a hint, so it’s only fair that I do the same for you: 3213/3X2. Or said another way: S.R. 4588164. You didn’t see it yet? OK, here goes the math: (3213/3)x2= 2142. Then, S.R. stands for square root and if you calculate 4588164^1/2, you get 2142! By now, it is pretty obvious that the next installment in the Battlefield series will take place in the year 2142 and unless there was a nuclear war in-between that left humanity only with stick and stones, you can expect futuristic warfare as it finest. Does Epic Game’s Unreal Tournament series has anything to fear? We'll see soon.

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=18288&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 <---original thread, read it and please vote if you like the idea or not.

I mean someone help me understand something. How can they be making BF3 when BF2 is not complete? BF2 is still missing a fully functional, non beta map editor. Which we never received and, it's been nearly a year later. So how much of a game BF3 will be when that's release...guessing by spring? Lets see for $60 or 80 pounds? What will they think of next, make you pay for the game then make you pay for a 1 year online subscription to enter rank servers?

[color=red]IS THIS OUR FUTURE[/color] from this company[color=red][size=16]?[/size][/color]

http://www.whois.net/whois.cgi2?d=battlefield3.com <---look at what was found on another forum Here is a photo http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/eastcoasthandle/BF3.jpg

Master of Reality

I'm lying when I say trust me

50 XP

8th June 2004

0 Uploads

10,166 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

From EA, what can you expect. They make games then abandon them.

Polska

"The original one"

62 XP

19th September 2004

0 Uploads

5,969 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

BF2 was already being developt before the first patch even managed to turn BFV into something playable.

I hope they decide to stay with the early war settings, a Battefield 2142 series would definitely suck imo, i'd rather have some WWI trench warfare or perhaps the Korean war.

FatJoe

Terrorist

50 XP

13th May 2003

0 Uploads

1,045 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

If they make the game as fun as BF1942 was, I might consider getting it. As a fan of BF series I'll be excited at least..

But wherever FH goes, I'll follow like the goat that's been raised on wars and battles. All hail the allmighty BattleGoat!

Rikupsoni

Victim of Forgotten HopeForum bystander

50 XP

26th April 2004

0 Uploads

3,047 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Stop FH development on BF2 and wait for that!!1

But anyway this is ridiculous already:

Battlefield 1942 Battlefield 1942: The Road to Rome Battlefield 1942: Secret weapons of WW2 Battlefield Vietnam Battlefield 2 Battlefield 2: Special Forces Battlefield 2: Euro Force Battlefield 2: Armoured Assault Battlefield 2142

Tas

Serious business brigade

50 XP

3rd September 2004

0 Uploads

7,275 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Battlefield 2142 battlefield 2142: back to BF2 Battlefield 2142: Teh time machine Battlefield 1943

Real-BadSeed

Science experiment

50 XP

5th December 2004

0 Uploads

3,799 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

dont forget battlefield 2 million BC caveman wars!

the future thing doesnt sound that bad though, plasma rifles could be fun actually :D

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

You guys really didnt expect this to happen?

Kinda find that hard to believe.

No-one freak out just because DiCE are making another Battlefield game. I dont actually think DiCE are going to just drop BF2 this time, like what they did with BF1942 and BF:V. No, they would do that, it's got way more potential than the past Battlefield games. More importantly, the fan base is bigger than the past two. Which means more money for DiCE.

Dr.Fritz

Promiscuous Girl

50 XP

6th July 2005

0 Uploads

5,842 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

I hope EA doesn't get anymore ideas.

Tas

Serious business brigade

50 XP