zuiquan1

Ore o Dare da to Omotte Yagaru

50 XP

4th March 2006

0 Uploads

1,322 Posts

0 Threads

#12 13 years ago

I absolutely love Midway, yet Ive never actually won a game on axis as I seedm to be the only one actually going for the objectives :9

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#13 13 years ago

if axis vals actually.... BOMB their island objectives, its game set and match.

Fuzzy Bunny

Luke, I am your mother.

50 XP

2nd May 2005

0 Uploads

6,274 Posts

0 Threads

#14 13 years ago

A lot of games I've seen people bomb the island, but get pwnt by AA. One of the problems is that the Val has such an execrable rate of climb that people never bother trying to get up to cruising altitude (hint: the operative word here is "UP") and actually fly it like a dive bomber, i.e. go HIGH, go OVER your target, and go DOWN. STEEP DOWN.

Instead they do some weird medium-altitude level- or shallow dive-bombing, which never works, Bullwinkle.

zuiquan1

Ore o Dare da to Omotte Yagaru

50 XP

4th March 2006

0 Uploads

1,322 Posts

0 Threads

#15 13 years ago

Im always flying above the cloud line, infact from the minute I take off Im always raising my altitude untill I start my dive....

Ive never had a problem with AA :)

Kurb King

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

11th April 2005

0 Uploads

533 Posts

0 Threads

#16 13 years ago

zuiquan1;3411502Im always flying above the cloud line, infact from the minute I take off Im always raising my altitude untill I start my dive....

Ive never had a problem with AA :)

Same here, although I am not sure if the AA can see you or not when you are above the clouds I cant remember ever being shot down until after I drop my bombs. Climb all the way to the target, keep an eye on the minimap so you know when to dive, and come in as steep as possible so you have the advantage of speed to dodge the AA and so all your bombs land on target.

After dropping bombs I go as low as possible to avoid AA but I am usually shot down. No problem though because respawning on the ship is almost quicker than flying all the way back to rearm.

The Crimson Major

Veteran Lurker

50 XP

26th April 2004

0 Uploads

525 Posts

0 Threads

#17 13 years ago

excellent guide fuzzybunny, thank you.