Degtyarev14.5

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

18th August 2004

0 Uploads

56 Posts

0 Threads

#61 16 years ago
sidtheratthis is theory we all know, practice is that few vechicles have bugged hitboxes: shermans [turret, sides], stug3g [front, can take up to 3 FRONTAL, DIRECT panther shots and still be alive], m3a1 [zooka right into the cooling grill] and perhaps few others - i found these three to be most common, but other weird stories happen from time to time

That would explain the growing number of occasions on which I've lost my Churchill to a Stug3g in an up-close and personal, head-to-head shootout. I just knew something fishy was going on...

Now that's an exploit. :mad:

A.

Apro-FIN-

Real men don't change avatars!

50 XP

31st August 2004

0 Uploads

551 Posts

0 Threads

#62 16 years ago

One of the weirdest hitbox bugs I have found is that Anti Tank Rifle doesn't damage a normal truck at all if shot to the engine's cooling grid. I thought it should take the truck out in one shot if shot there.

terminal-strike

terminal-strike

50 XP

5th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,313 Posts

0 Threads

#63 16 years ago
Apro-FIN-One of the weirdest hitbox bugs I have found is that Anti Tank Rifle doesn't damage a normal truck at all if shot to the engine's cooling grid. I thought it should take the truck out in one shot if shot there.

Not neccisarily- it could just get loged in the engien block without damage very much. I agree it should do at elast some damage though.

Tas

Serious business brigade

50 XP

3rd September 2004

0 Uploads

7,275 Posts

0 Threads

#64 16 years ago
terminal-strikeNot neccisarily- it could just get loged in the engien block without damage very much. I agree it should do at elast some damage though.

And then the whole truck explodes when i hit the (wooden) side with the at rifle ;)

terminal-strike

terminal-strike

50 XP

5th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,313 Posts

0 Threads

#65 16 years ago
The 13th RaptorAnd then the whole truck explodes when i hit the (wooden) side with the at rifle ;)

ok that sounds like a problem then! that should do pretty much nothing to the truck I woudl think.

Apro-FIN-

Real men don't change avatars!

50 XP

31st August 2004

0 Uploads

551 Posts

0 Threads

#66 16 years ago
The 13th RaptorAnd then the whole truck explodes when i hit the (wooden) side with the at rifle ;)

My point exactly. Wich raises a question why I didn't write it in the first place :uhm: ...

Arisaka

Staff suffers from PCD

50 XP

16th August 2004

0 Uploads

1,495 Posts

0 Threads

#67 16 years ago

this has been suggested by someone else, in a different thread, but here goes: the AT-rifle should take the truck out in one shot into the grill, *but* it gets disabled. at least one, preferably two more shots are needed into the front of it for it to actually explode. same with wheels, and various other critical parts.

Tas

Serious business brigade

50 XP

3rd September 2004

0 Uploads

7,275 Posts

0 Threads

#68 16 years ago
Arisakathis has been suggested by someone else, in a different thread, but here goes: the AT-rifle should take the truck out in one shot into the grill, *but* it gets disabled. at least one, preferably two more shots are needed into the front of it for it to actually explode. same with wheels, and various other critical parts.

I dont think an AT rifle could ever destroy a vehicle, at least not under battilefield conditions. All it can and could do is disable critical parts/crew.

AraGoth

Addicted to GF

50 XP

14th June 2004

0 Uploads

274 Posts

0 Threads

#69 16 years ago
McGibsnever ever use a shovel for a close combat weapon. Unlike half life, melee weapons in bf suck balls because of the net code. Theyr only for humiliating snipers or artillerymen.

lol or in the "Evils" case humiliating PPSH users head on.

Hail of Nails

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

13th June 2004

0 Uploads

376 Posts

0 Threads

#70 16 years ago

The Evils recruiting or something? I've been fighting off Burgers, Milkshakes, Olives in addition to the regular Cookies, Pumpkins, and Turnips I usually see.