Nice map, it got landing crafts? if you dont its a must for maps like this
NTH_NL;4487219 I don't know if the function is available in Battlecraft 2 or whatever tool you are using but in Battlecraft 42 there was a snap objects to ground function. When you have finished with placing all your objects in the map you can easily snap to them to ground with this function, so there are less floaters in the sky.
it destroys the map, objects arent supposed to be snapped, they are supposed to be hand-placed.. snap function destroys fine-tuned emplacements - dont use it!
I didn't know the Chinese had mappers in the Olympics too ?! A gold medal to you !
Natty Wallo;4497295it destroys the map, objects arent supposed to be snapped, they are supposed to be hand-placed.. snap function destroys fine-tuned emplacements - dont use it!
That is correct if you have already have handplaced object done don't use the snap-in. But it is handy if you do your vegetations/trees first and then snap them to ground. I find that most floaters in a map are trees, shrubs and maps.
Natty, do you place your vegetations/trees by hand.. respect :bows: especially in the Normandy theather.
I didn't make it!
NTH_NL;4497825Natty, do you place your vegetations/trees by hand.. respect :bows: especially in the Normandy theather.
well... he used to do it in Burma, India, Malaya and Dutch East Indies maps for FH1... ;)
wow , there must be somebody set the gore level on ultra high
NTH_NL;4497825 Natty, do you place your vegetations/trees by hand.. respect :bows: especially in the Normandy theather.
Well in BF2 you can't place undergrowth by hand unfortunately :( but I think I have managed to learn quite good how to handpaint the growth maps by now.. As Rat said in FHTmod for FH1 I had to handplace them... or actually with Editor42 there is a type of mass-placer tool for statics (works on all statics but is mostly used for grass. trees, stones, bushes etc). Problem was that the objects weren't aligned with the terrain so on a lot of places I still needed to select them and rotate them manually so they were aligned.. this isn't needed in BF2 as the undergrowth tool do this automatically.. Overgrowth has the option to have the objects aligned between 0-100% (same as in BFV). I think in BF2 if you "snap" all overgrowth they will still not be snapped, as the ones that are placed in slopes will "stick out" as the object is placed vertically by the Snap-tool... All-and-all, as everything related to making levels for computer games, there is no one-method that rules over all, you'll need to do all methods to get it right, there is no automatic feature that "fixes" everything... Handplacing is always best IMO, but as Ive learnt lately it also has its downsides..one being that ShadowMaps apparenty isnt showing on handplaced Overgrowth, the other being that it seems to eat more performance if all Overgrowth is handplaced... Paint > Fine-tune the paint (with a blank Layer) > Handplace where needed, is the method Im using for Overgrowth now, Snap is never needed IMO.
Natty Wallo;4498351Well in BF2 you can't place undergrowth by hand unfortunately :( ...snap...
And there he is ladies and the gentleman ... the gold medal winner for " Battlefield mapping making" in the category handplacing statics and all other categories :). I used to make maps for battlefield 1942, I could have done with your patience in those days. Love to see new maps from you Natty in the upcoming theaters.
heh well I wouldnt say that, but its a long time ago since I stopped caring how long things take in mapping.. about 80% of mapping is dull, endless monkey-work, the rest 10-20% is artistic work.. In general the most "talent" a mapper can have is patience, it is what separates BfEditor.org 1337-"look I made a frag-uber map for vanilla with 15 tanks lolz"-mappers and those that aim to create long-liveth maps that all people can enjoy. NTH_NL you should give FH2 mapping a go, things like mass-placing statics, growth and other things that were tedious in bf1942 is made easier.. texturing and custom coding is trickier... give it a shot! :beer: @Thomaslinxin: sorry for the off-topic, I will download and look your map tomorrow - seems cool!