Foolman

Enemy Hitler Spotted!

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago

I don't know what all this talk about Sheep is but I can tell you that about 60-70% of all the people that got BF1942 will buy BF V. I'm Sad that they turned away from WW2 but I'm sure it?s because they didn't really know what to do next. I've never been a fan of the Vietnam War, I've always seen it as the war where all the troops got high and partied, where in WW2 there was a war against a true evil.

But anyway, EAs not as bad as people think. I'm happy they have raised the bar on the games that will be coming out through them, by given them more time and more money, Case in point "Battle For Middle Earth" that was given a whole extra year to finish. Foolman

Eglaerinion

Vault Dweller

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

I just hope that someone will license the OFP 2 engine and totally convert it to an ww2 era game. That's a lot better then any bf game.

Denwad

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

20th October 2003

0 Uploads

50 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago

Maybe an engine with an accurate penetration model, I'm not so fond of hitpoint bullshizzle.

D_Day_Dawson

Missing in action

50 XP

7th August 2003

0 Uploads

750 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago

Personally, I think DICE/EA (US companies??) put more emphasis on the Vietnam conflict than the rest of the world does. Americans I have met seem to bring it up quite often in conversation, but really I think, to the rest of the world, it was just a sign of a US-miscalculation (understatement?). As such I think sales in the US will be good, but the rest of the world was affected more by WW2 and so it generates more interest.. Still good luck to them whatever; don't think I'll be bothering to buy it unless a lot of mods convert over and leave the 1942 engine.

evilzom

12 year olds need not apply.

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago

You forgot to add that they will also charge a $9.99 - $19.99 monthly fee for this new version in an attempt to milk us for every penny... you know, the EA way...

and after that point they will just continue to put out a new version every year with updated rosters and call it BF2005, BF 2006 and so on... and charge us $50 for each new year's update... :)

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago

If you guys arn´t prepared to go spend 50 bux on a still excellent game-play then so be it. I know what I´m getting when I buy BF: Vietnam, and it is still an excellent game. Even though I agree that the release seems a bit rushed, and that there could maybe have been more improvments, I´m still getting it.

OSMGuderian

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

18 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago

Do you all think BF 1942 & FH leagues (CAL, TWL & OGL) will see a serious drop in attendence?

What percentage will decide to jump ship and hop on the BF: V bangwagon?

I hope BF leagues don't disappear 8 - (

[OSM] Guderian www.operationsecretmission.com

evilzom

12 year olds need not apply.

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago

OSMGuderianDo you all think BF 1942 & FH leagues (CAL, TWL & OGL) will see a serious drop in attendence?

What percentage will decide to jump ship and hop on the BF: V bangwagon?

I hope BF leagues don't disappear 8 - (

[OSM] Guderian www.operationsecretmission.com

No drop predicted here... People will buy and play BFV because they are fans of BF1942... Maybe those who only know of Vanilla 1942 will jump because BFV should be a visual upgrade for them... I will buy and play BFV as well...

I honestly can't see it taking me away from FH tho, FH is too good and I know for a fact that EA won't put as much love into BFV as was put into FH.

I'm excited to see what changes are made in BFV, although honestly I am only expecting to see a visual upgrade and nothing else... That is the EA way...

I am truly more excited about the future of FH than BFV.

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#19 15 years ago

BFV basically seems like a mod. A well done and professional mod, but a mod nonetheless. There are, from what I understand, some general engine tweaks, but nothing that couldn't have been (and SHOULD have been) provided in a patch to BF1942. I get my mods for free, though, thank you very much. Unless I see rave reviews a few months after the release, unless I DON'T see people picking apart the problems with BFV and demanding that DICE/EA fix the whatever bug, etc., I probably won't buy it. I'm definitely waiting 'til the honeymoon's over and the novelty effect has worn off before I start taking reviews seriously. It's sad, really. I tend to look only for the negative in reviews because for games like this that are so hyped up pre-release, it's hard to find bad reviews even for games that aren't so great.

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#20 15 years ago

think of it this way, they are already finding bugs and Gameplay errors in BF:V, and its not even a day old. Its a rushed project, and it'll be a way to get rid of the n00bs and tards off the BF1942 FH servers and onto the BF:V servers. This is a good thing, not saying people who buy BF:V will are idiots, just that most of the BF1942 tards we see play will of moved on...because 't3h GrafiX R L337, Deh BF42 SUxorz' or something along those lines.

From a wise man once said.."The n00b will come, the n00b will go" ;)