evilzom

12 year olds need not apply.

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#21 15 years ago

Ply3r_17think of it this way, they are already finding bugs and Gameplay errors in BF:V, and its not even a day old. Its a rushed project, and it'll be a way to get rid of the n00bs and tards off the BF1942 FH servers and onto the BF:V servers. This is a good thing, not saying people who buy BF:V will are idiots, just that most of the BF1942 tards we see play will of moved on...because 't3h GrafiX R L337, Deh BF42 SUxorz' or something along those lines.

From a wise man once said.."The n00b will come, the n00b will go" ;)

Haha! that's great... good point and I hope you're correct.

GI_JOEjk

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

142 Posts

0 Threads

#22 15 years ago

I believe that BFV will be only a jumping point to new an greater MODs. Sounds like it was designed to be MODed. Bundled with BFV is BC 2.1.. And I'm sure that Edit42 is going to keep up. If any current MOD wants to stay alive, then conforming is the key. You can still have WWII MODs with BFV, but what really makes me excited is the potential for modern/near future warfare mods (Syria vs. Israel, Soviet vs. NATO, Serb vr. Croat/Kosovo/Bosnia, Russia vs Chechen, USA vs. CHINA.........), you know? I think that the new MODs will be far more papular then the original BFV will ever be.:naughty:

Ziptar

[!]

50 XP

29th December 2002

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#23 15 years ago
GI_JOEjk I think that the new MODs will be far more papular then the original BFV will ever be.:naughty:

I agree I have no plans to buy BF:V right now. If a Mod comes out for it that rocks, Then I will buy it. I have no interest in the "out of the can" game.

FH and Vanillia BF1942 are plenty for me ATM...

SpiderGoat

Nel mezzo del cammin

50 XP

5th December 2003

0 Uploads

4,050 Posts

0 Threads

#24 15 years ago

BFV: 50 Euros <---> FH: free What to do, what to do :).

Anyway, I do hope that games will keep on getting bigger and bigger. I'd love to storm, let us say, Omaha with a thousand other players. Who knows? Might be possible one day :).

lumpeh

FH Groupie

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,174 Posts

0 Threads

#25 15 years ago

If it has an SDK i suspect people will go over in bucketloads because this game has lots of potential if only DICE would let us under the hood a little.

At the very least you will see a DC mod for it with EA/DICE support so that they can code in what they need.

urseus

|LAB|urseus²

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

263 Posts

0 Threads

#26 15 years ago

Im not sure about Vietnam in what your saying heiny. Its not really an expansion pack its a new game really. People love eve of destruction, and there is an entire battlefield1942 market out there who have no idea it exists. I think vietnam will do quite well, however i doubt FH will move over to it. MY PREDICTION is that after a little while of vietnams release they will release mod tools for vanilla battlefield, meaning all the mods will have kickass control over everything. Now that half life 2 has been delayed, battlefield has been able to keep its head just above water for another few months, which the Dice people would do well to exploit before HL2 mods take over the earth for the next 4 years.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#27 15 years ago

if anything, a sdk would be released for bfv not bf42, just to suck you in more and dump bf42 for bfv. they want to you spend that next 34.99.

urseus

|LAB|urseus²

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

263 Posts

0 Threads

#28 15 years ago

Yeah but they know people will be buying vietnam anyway for a while. From a marketing point, youd want to sqeeze the last dollars out of the old game, which good mods help to do then in a year or 2 release an sdk for vietnam to sqeeze more money out of that game.

el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#29 15 years ago

I agree with Heinrich. BF:V will be a flash in the pan because of a number of mistakes; 1/ The theatre of the Vietnam war is too small. BF:1942 was a winner because it had maps for all aspects of the war. Vietnam is limited to, well... Vietnam. 1.5/ Yawn. Vietnam? Sheesh. 2/ Lack of a multi-player demo. I've got my copy of BF:V on order because I'm a sheep like everyone else - but I'm feeling the trepidation that comes with some uncertainty - WILL MY COMPUTER RUN THIS GAME? Generally the minimum requirements are a little misleading. BF:1942 had generated HUGE grassroots support for the game because of the FREE MP demo, and this will continue. 3/ We ALL know that the next release is going to be BF:Desert Combat, otherwise they wouldn't have gone into business with Trauma. Considering that the work for that would be about 50% done at this point (they might want to port things into the BF:V engine), that gives DICE and EA some breathing space to get down and do some DECENT games. 3.5/ DC is currently free... as soon as people are asked to pay for it, do you think they will? 4/ While WWII games have been a little fad-ish recently (Wolf:ET, CoD, yada yada), EA and DICE will feel it when BF:V doesn't go according to expectations and will return to a 'tried and tested' game and game setting. This means we'll see what Heinrich predicts - big maps, more players, more vehicles, maybe even an SDK!

urseus

|LAB|urseus²

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

263 Posts

0 Threads

#30 15 years ago
el bandito BF:1942 had generated HUGE grassroots support for the game because of the FREE MP demo, and this will continue.

The reason companys dont release game demos is because they know it will turn some people off. This forces people to buy the game to try it out. The number of people who would not buy the game because of not playing the demo first, is much much smaller compared to the number of people who could potentially be turned off an unpolished demo. Plus the added bonus of people who buy a game but are marginally unhappy with it, will be more likly to hang onto it waiting for patches to fix things. Certainly, thats always the case after game releases, people still holding on playing a game while complaining for things to be fixed in the next patch.

3.5/ DC is currently free... as soon as people are asked to pay for it, do you think they will?

They will if they stop supporting the free version and no servers run the old one.

4/ While WWII games have been a little fad-ish recently (Wolf:ET, CoD, yada yada), EA and DICE will feel it when BF:V doesn't go according to expectations and will return to a 'tried and tested' game and game setting.

No way will they think of making ANOTHER ww2 game that is slightly different to one they released only 3 years earlier. Not only is the ww2 fad almost completly dead, but they wouldnt put so much money into a huge release of the same kind of game slightly updated. The only thing they would do would be expansion packs, which as we have all seen, were poor and unprofitable.