urseus

|LAB|urseus┬▓

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

263 Posts

0 Threads

#52 16 years ago

*Edit - ^^^^^Hey good contribution there mate im sure your mother is very proud of you.

Weather effects have always been lacking muchly in battlefield games. Even day of defeat has snow and rain, and its a 6 year old engine.

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#53 16 years ago

Having now played BF:V I can say that they've taken the game the wrong way. EA have tried to turn it into a UT/HL style of game play and I say BOO!!! to that.

I don't think the work they've done to the engine will lend itself to an FH conversion.

It's a real pity. EA had something quite unique with Battlefield but what thy've tried to do with it is turn into something that is less than what it was. De-emphasise it's strong points and beat it into traditional FPS styled game play. What a disappointment.:(

mondogenerator

Wolfgaming.net *****istrator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#54 16 years ago
D_Day_DawsonMeaning...? Link please?? I wish they'd get off this 64 player limit for multiplayer games - I'd love to play in a battle with hundreds of players.. Maybe ww2online does this? I don't have time to keep up with everything changing all the time..! :uhm:

Theres some problems with that. First theres bandwidth, A 64 player BF1942 server uses up to 4mb both ways when full, theres also cheat and hacks to contend with so many games will do all the hit verifications server side to prevent cheats/hacks which puts strain on the server and also there are the client side problems, playing on a 64 player FH server (and previous versions of DC), when theres 64 people playing, with allot going on theres allot of rubber banding effects as the clients all try to syn with the server and it causes problems because of bandwidth and clients not being able to cope with everything.

The best your going to get in the short term is Soldner, they plan to use linux server clusters to host 128 player games and yes, there is at least 2 WW2 mods coming out for it and maps will dwarf any maps the BF1942 engine could handle.

Eglaerinion

Vault Dweller

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#55 16 years ago

Have you seen soldner vids it's looking so fake it hurts my eyes. I want a game that's focussed on an older age group which takes a lot of time to master, like I already mentioned the ofp2 engine is the best engine to make this sort of combat games. I know this because of my experience with part 1, it was buggy as hell (but so was bf1942) but very realistic.