Moose12

I am also [130.Pz]Gef.Elche Pz

50 XP

6th December 2005

0 Uploads

4,456 Posts

0 Threads

#211 12 years ago

Yeah Donutz, in the United States, we have Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science. BA is for everything that isn't science or math. BS is for anything that isn't History or writing basically. It just depends on which type of class you've taken more of. Next year I want a BA/BS in History, I don't know what good it's going to do me though.

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#212 12 years ago

Hmm well then it is not much different from here. Art is indeed a fairly wide term but I never heard of a BAH degree before. Sound intresting. I myself am very intrested in history and graphics design (3d but I also want to obtain other graphic skills!). Pretty much the only history Bachelor (Bachelor of History [BH] ) I know is that of (history) teacher. Since I can't find my seeing infront of a class teaching history the other option is Game Design (BAT degree).

I suppose there is no BATH (Bachelor of Technology and History) or BAHT (Bachelor of History and Technology) degree out there. :p

pvt. Allen

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th July 2005

0 Uploads

5,654 Posts

0 Threads

#213 12 years ago

You can always do both, one after another.;)

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#214 12 years ago

I'm 22 when I hope to start my BAT. I will be 26 when I'm finished. An other for years and I will be 30 before I enter the job market... uhuh. :p And then I would have to find a job were I do historic research (not as a teacher or reporter but for a museum, libary or whatever) and do something with computer graphics. There aren't many such jobs that I can think of...

pvt. Allen

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th July 2005

0 Uploads

5,654 Posts

0 Threads

#215 12 years ago

Well, you can always keep history knowledge just for yourself.;) Remember that there's always something new to learn about.=D

Btw, Donutz a 30 year old man? This is unimaginable, just beyond my comprehension, it's just like one of those thigns that you refuse to be.

162eRI

Stop war, play, it's funny!

50 XP

5th June 2006

0 Uploads

212 Posts

0 Threads

#216 12 years ago
This has nothing to do with research. Mappers cannot make 100% realistic maps, because they would simply not be fun to play.

Yes I'm understand, and I'm agree, if it's Tunisian or Lybian Map, because they were concrete bunker there ! But what I say, are no relation with your answer, because bunker didn't exist in El Alamein. It's the same thing if you put Bunker next Moscow during the winter attack in 1941 and say me mappers cannot make realist maps !!! I say FH make beautifull work about research, because to create panzer II or a crusader, I think you must research informations to be realistic, so it's the same thing with Bunker !

Moose12

I am also [130.Pz]Gef.Elche Pz

50 XP

6th December 2005

0 Uploads

4,456 Posts

0 Threads

#217 12 years ago
Admiral Donutz;3489040I'm 22 when I hope to start my BAT. I will be 26 when I'm finished. An other for years and I will be 30 before I enter the job market... uhuh. :p And then I would have to find a job were I do historic research (not as a teacher or reporter but for a museum, libary or whatever) and do something with computer graphics. There aren't many such jobs that I can think of...

Make games? You could do 3d graphics obvisouly, and it could be WWII games so that you could maybe have two jobs, historical researcher and graphic designer. You could also do movies maybe, historically accurate special effects. I don't know.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#218 12 years ago
162eRI;3489176I think you must research informations to be realistic, so it's the same thing with Bunker !

I have mentioned numerous times on the private forums that bunkers in Africa should only be seen in Tunisia and around Tobruk, but making a map is not as easy as making a vehicle. With a vehicle you have exact blueprints anf exact information. All you do with making a vehicle is turning a 2D image into 3D. Mapping is totally different, it requires a lot of work that can only come from the mapper's imagination. You may have a picture of the terrain, or you have had a look at google earth, but the rest you make up yourself. If the mapper thinks the map will look and play better with a bunker - that would not have been there, than that is ok, because without a mapper's input the maps would be boring and plain.

Lili_Marlene

Look where I am!

50 XP

16th January 2007

0 Uploads

57 Posts

0 Threads

#219 12 years ago
Admiral Donutz;3488981Excuse my ignorance but what's a "BA in history" ? For me BA stands for Bachelor of Arts but that is kinda hart to combine with history (atleast I never heard of it, but if it would be possible that surely would be cool).

The others answered before I got the chance. Yes, indeed, a history major here in the States almost always means a BA. Which is a good thing because I suck at math and managed to avoid it completely throughout college. Of course this meant that I had to have at least two years of a foreign language instead. I had a false start with one semester of Spanish, then had to wait until the following year to start with German. That was a good fit (I'm convinced it's in the blood!) and did well enough to qualify for a year abroad my last year of college. I lived in Bonn and finished my degree while there. My degree is from the University of Wisconsin--Madison, where they don't offer minors, only majors. Had they offered minors, I'd had enough credits to earn probably both minors in German and anthropology. And yes, I basically do nothing with that degree now. :rolleyes: I don't regret it and learned a lot of basic skills that I still use to this day, but otherwise it was more because I just love history. I do desktop publishing for a living now. But I refined my writing skills from some very good history professors!

162eRI

Stop war, play, it's funny!

50 XP

5th June 2006

0 Uploads

212 Posts

0 Threads

#220 12 years ago
I have mentioned numerous times on the private forums that bunkers in Africa should only be seen in Tunisia and around Tobruk, but making a map is not as easy as making a vehicle. With a vehicle you have exact blueprints anf exact information. All you do with making a vehicle is turning a 2D image into 3D. Mapping is totally different, it requires a lot of work that can only come from the mapper's imagination. You may have a picture of the terrain, or you have had a look at google earth, but the rest you make up yourself. If the mapper thinks the map will look and play better with a bunker - that would not have been there, than that is ok, because without a mapper's input the maps would be boring and plain.

Yes, 100% agree with you ! But, It's not make up themself map without document, but more invent map without document ! I repeat like you, there were no Bunker, so you say, play better with a bunker, so I repaet, why not Bunker in Russia or ... I'm agree, they have nothing to create map like 2d plans to create tank, of course ! But why create bunker when you know they haven't bunker !!! Imagine you put King Tiger on El Alamein > the map play better ! Imagine you change every time the map with the reality and put Bunker, ... > everything is possible ! I don't say to make perfect and realistic map, it's impossible, of course they must invent some part of the map (problem of scale, archives etc...), but put Bunker here it's unrealistic !