Driver

Tomorrow Comes Today

50 XP

29th January 2004

0 Uploads

823 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Is it just me or does this bother anyone else? The topic goes like this... Every patch a game pulls out, brings in people. Good. For every 10 people, only one has the slight idea of History. For every 100 people, theres an expet. This translates to the fact that every patch, stupid people come here to these boards and pollute them with garbage. You see threads like "Change the name of the King Tiger" or better yet "Remove MG42". This automatically irritates people like me who want a realism mod, a mod that FH claims it is. The stupid majority can than overwhelm us and ask for their own things. These things include nerfing weapons they find they cant handle, to stupid requests like the Maus, or JagdTiger. I personally think there winning too... No, Im not being paranoid! I have proof: 1. Balance actually being a huge issue right now. 2. People stating tanks should not be killed in 1 shot to the front. (Firefly vs Tiger, vice versa) 3. Absence of MG42 on sole infantry maps! 4. Lack of vehicles that you can spawn in. (DC has this, C'mon...) 5. Spawn points being capped by 1 person. (Because if you cant be an Army of 1...) I dont know... Im worried. Its bad enough I cant play this game, but what scares me more is the fact that the longer I stay on these boards, the more of this bullshit I'll read. Anyone feel me?

Tas

Serious business brigade

50 XP

4th September 2004

0 Uploads

7,275 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Im only new to these boards myself but i have to agree there are alot of idiots among the new guys, lets just hope the dev's stay true to thier *real* fanbase. The ones that like what FH was and just want to improve it. And that hey dont listen to the Dc boys devision asking if the damage done by bullets could be decreased just a bit.. Anyways, i am against one person being able to cap a flag. are you?

Skipster

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

29th July 2004

0 Uploads

1,068 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

I hear ya, But there will always have to be compromises. We aren't (for the most part) real soldiers, and I'm willing to bet that nobody who plays FH has any battle experience for the time period in question. (Maybe a Korean War vet would be close) So really, all the devs have to go on is anecdotal evidence and published specifications for how the game should "feel", since none of us has experienced this for real. I guess my point is that the game should go for the most realistic "feel" possible, and for most (if not all) of us, our perception of how it all happens is based on the media, whether it be movies or archival footage. Being a slave to raw data is not going to help this mod out. As for the flag capping, I think it should take more than one to cap a flag (although BFV system would be ideal IMO) Balance will always be an issue, because a lot of people will not want to play roles/sides that are not fun, no matter how realistic. It's a game, and nobody HAS to play. Which may be fine for some people, but it is really up to the devs, and how wide an audience they want.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

FH trys to recreate a realistic battle experiance, but it does NOT try to be realistic right down to the bone.

I havn´t seen much disturbing behavior here lately, only by a guy called "Driver" who gets his pantys in a twist about HIS Forgotten Hope Mod...

Mobo_Bot

I hate nazi's

50 XP

25th June 2004

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago
The 13th RaptorIm only new to these boards myself but i have to agree there are alot of idiots among the new guys, lets just hope the dev's stay true to thier *real* fanbase. The ones that like what FH was and just want to improve it. And that hey dont listen to the Dc boys devision asking if the damage done by bullets could be decreased just a bit.. Anyways, i am against one person being able to cap a flag. are you?

i completly agree, with 2 people capping a flag, it would get rid of those damned lonewolfs.

MR.X`

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

12,409 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

Driver for President!

Yeah, ive seen this shit a lot latley. Worst of all is the influx of noobs on the servers. Nothing beats being on charlie sector, storming up the beach, getting into the bunker's middle room, and have some guy named MudButt throw a 5 second satchel at the feet of 5 guys...

FH needs to essentially say "screw balance" if it wants realism. For God's sake, why the hell is there a Bazooka kit on Zeilona Gora, or a Panzerschrek kit on Omaha?! No self respecting soldier ever went into an infantry battle with either of these weapons! If noobs whine and never play FH again, fine. All I want is at least 6 servers mostly full with good players and I'm happy.

Tas

Serious business brigade

50 XP

4th September 2004

0 Uploads

7,275 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago
USMA2010Driver for President! Yeah, ive seen this shit a lot latley. Worst of all is the influx of noobs on the servers. Nothing beats being on charlie sector, storming up the beach, getting into the bunker's middle room, and have some guy named MudButt throw a 5 second satchel at the feet of 5 guys... FH needs to essentially say "screw balance" if it wants realism. For God's sake, why the hell is there a Bazooka kit on Zeilona Gora, or a Panzerschrek kit on Omaha?! No self respecting soldier ever went into an infantry battle with either of these weapons! If noobs whine and never play FH again, fine. All I want is at least 6 servers mostly full with good players and I'm happy.

Since when did soldiers irl get a choice as to what weapon they used troughout the different theatres of war? A bazooka soldier would tag along in infantry engagements and rely on his buddy's to cover him. As they *might* run into enemy armor. Unlike FH were you know exacly what you are up against, battles irl were unpredictable. hence the term "fog of war".

terminal-strike

terminal-strike

50 XP

6th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,313 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago
DriverIs it just me or does this bother anyone else? The topic goes like this... Every patch a game pulls out, brings in people. Good. For every 10 people, only one has the slight idea of History. For every 100 people, theres an expet. This translates to the fact that every patch, stupid people come here to these boards and pollute them with garbage. You see threads like "Change the name of the King Tiger" or better yet "Remove MG42". This automatically irritates people like me who want a realism mod, a mod that FH claims it is. The stupid majority can than overwhelm us and ask for their own things. These things include nerfing weapons they find they cant handle, to stupid requests like the Maus, or JagdTiger. I personally think there winning too... No, Im not being paranoid! I have proof: 1. Balance actually being a huge issue right now. 2. People stating tanks should not be killed in 1 shot to the front. (Firefly vs Tiger, vice versa) 3. Absence of MG42 on sole infantry maps! 4. Lack of vehicles that you can spawn in. (DC has this, C'mon...) 5. Spawn points being capped by 1 person. (Because if you cant be an Army of 1...) I dont know... Im worried. Its bad enough I cant play this game, but what scares me more is the fact that the longer I stay on these boards, the more of this bullshit I'll read. Anyone feel me?

Most players and people develop a vision of what they want FH to be, including nubs. What we get is FH devs collective vision of what they want. Executing a goal of realsim in the refractor engine is a complicated affair, espcially in the area of what comprimes are to made for gameplay and to accomadet the limitations of the engine. 1. Balance actually being a huge issue right now. - What? Balance is always a issue. 2. People stating tanks should not be killed in 1 shot to the front. (Firefly vs Tiger, vice versa) - Iv not read people suggesting this. 3. Absence of MG42 on sole infantry maps! Not read about it. 4. Lack of vehicles that you can spawn in. (DC has this, C'mon...) Spawning in vechiles a good concept that can work, I reccomend trying werts mod of the foy map. It can be a just as realistic way as 'spawning'. 5. Spawn points being capped by 1 person. (Because if you cant be an Army of 1...) . Umm this has long been disccussed. Also request for prototype or low-use weapons is far from 'stupid' when we have a whole map loaded with prototype weapons, and scattered low-use weapons on other maps. X-weapons are now a part of FH just as much as other areas whether everbody likes it or not. The big question of how far FH is going to go push the engine is largely unknown, but were not going know if people don't discuss it regardless of whether its nubs or vets.

-{75th}-Co|Eaglesman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

26th May 2004

0 Uploads

144 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago

Fh just seems confused on whether it wants to go for balance or for realism. I am partial to realism, but I realize that nothing can be totally realistic. But then again no one wants to play map where there is absolutly no chance of victory for one side and the units are so lopsided there is no point in trying. I say fh goes for balance on maps, say equal units and such, and for realism as far as hitboxes and damage goes. I think thats what they are trying to acomplish.

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,579 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,982 Posts

6 Threads

#10 13 years ago

Well, there is a thread like this every time there is an update. What do you want to do? There are and always will be idiots in any game. See it this way, with those idiots also intelligent people come to this mod.

And about realism: I also like realism, but FH is a game, and a 100% realistic wargame wouldn't be much fun to play. The BF engine alone limits you so much with what you can do...