Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Do you still play the normal Omaha Beach after the release of Charlie Sector ? Or do you think Charlie dominates in every possbile aspect and should replace the 0.6 Omaha in 0.65 ? Maybe you still play the old Omaha sometimes because there is something you like about it.

Komrad_B

Score Monkey

45,850 XP

2nd September 2004

0 Uploads

4,500 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I prefer Charlie sector

obliviousnation

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,424 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

To be honest i couldn't care less, Charlie sector is far superior but maybe we can keep the old omaha beach and just rename it to another sector of Omaha.

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Charlie is the better map, but is also far harder for allied to win, not least because of the ticket bleed (which, however, is very neccessary). I think, with a bit of tweaking, it should become 'the' Omaha map.

But I can guess the devs never like to lose a map, and there's nothing really wrong with Omaha; it just looks, sounds, and plays worse than Charlie Sector, and there doesn't seem a whole lot of point having two. But to be honest this looks like a final-release/porting to BF2 kind of question rather than a 0.65 issue. So long as there's nothing actually wrong with a map, I don't think trimming the mod is much of a priority while there's still so much left to be done. Besides, you can leave a lot of it up to the server admins.

Apro-FIN-

Real men don't change avatars!

50 XP

1st September 2004

0 Uploads

551 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

I actually have never played Charlie Sector so I voted "Whatever"... Well I also voted it because that option reminds me of Nirvana :p ...

King_Jerad

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

22nd August 2004

0 Uploads

44 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

can someone post a screenshot of both maps?

S1l3ntSt4lk3r

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,627 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

then why does WOLF clear out when charlie sector come on?

Zehnder

Hands up. Who wants to die?

50 XP

27th July 2004

0 Uploads

584 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

The Charlie Sector map is a masterpiece. It is the best representation of the Omaha Beach battle in this mod and in my opinion, the best Omaha map in any game period. My biggest complaint about it is that it didn't come with the FH mod itself so not many people have it. When this map comes into our rotation it clears out the server. But it fills up very quickly afterwords as it seems the masses flock to any server that plays it. Can a dev or somebody in the know tell me if this map is going to be included in the .65 update or will it not be compatible any more?

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

to my knowledge, charlie is replaceing omaha in .65, but pierce (or is it berigal... i can never remember...) is compleatly re making omaha, so there will be a new one (with different gameplay) sometime after .65

Kurupt95

[2ndPnZ]

50 XP

2nd March 2004

0 Uploads

346 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Both are good.