Real-BadSeed

Science experiment

50 XP

5th December 2004

0 Uploads

3,799 Posts

0 Threads

#21 16 years ago

i suggest all repairs\reloads on pads for both air and land vehicles also requiring engineer aswell. to wrench on pad for repair. now thats realism! and repair\reload trucks would be good too...as mobile repair\reload. still requiring engineer for repairs. engineer cant repair away from pad/truck

schoolkid

your mother is a beaver

50 XP

3rd June 2004

0 Uploads

1,134 Posts

0 Threads

#22 16 years ago

Flyby reloading should be kept in. Sure, it's unrealistic, but it's also unrealistic to have tiny runways and a total lack of order there. If the team wanted to weed out unrealism, then they must fix the runways before the planes.

Real-BadSeed

Science experiment

50 XP

5th December 2004

0 Uploads

3,799 Posts

0 Threads

#23 16 years ago

ive never had a problem landing? whats the big deal! a good joystick helps i suppose lol

TK3997

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

22nd May 2004

0 Uploads

36 Posts

0 Threads

#24 16 years ago
That said, I wouldn't mind too much if repair pads were the only thing that'd repair a tank. But ammoboxes still should rearm them.

And I don't mind having to land to repair that much, but fly bys should refill my ammo.

Yeah, sure, and 20 deaths per round from getting constantly bombed. Ever tried tanking on, say, Prokhorovka, El Alamein..? Now, I can definitely hold my own against tanks quite well, but when there's one Jabo or another diving for me every other second, it just gets stupid and pointless even trying to leave the base. I can see the point about rearming on a carrier. Those could be kept as flyby reloads I guess, but normal runways really should require stopping by, or then we need LESS planes. In any case currently tanks are nothing but fodder in many maps, with a Jabo or faust or satchel or whatever lurking around every corner.

Ahh the tank busting plane killed you precious tank? You know tanks weren’t unstoppable death machines that only feared other tanks right? Just be glad that they’ve gimped the cannons big time by all rights the 23mm on the IL-2 and 20mm on the Typhoon ought to pretty much anything beside a tiger from behind or the top right now like 500 rounds do like half damage to a panzer 2. Allot of stuff hurts tanks and allot of stuff was feared by tankers planes like IL-2, typhoons, and P-47s chief among them. I guess anything that’s not a tank that kills tanks almost as well as othet tanks in the right sitatuion is imbalanced now. Its ok for a tank to camp a flag and spam shells for 10 minutes straight with no reloads killing anyone that doesn’t spawn in a building, but if a plane flies around bombing everything its OMFG IMBALANCE!!! What you tankers really want is planes gimped to the point of ineffectiveness so you can duel each other with your phallic cannons without those brutes like pilots or infantry inferring in your grand duel. Also Prokhorovka was basically DESIGNED to be tank vs. plane. The Russian armor blows on that map if the planes aren’t working that team is doomed. Yeah planes are going to kill you allot suck it up and take some flags or man the AA or your own planes and try to stop them.

We are suggesating you land and taxi to a reload area, not get out of the plane.

Yeah it’s called a bazooka or the AA guns that seem to be placed in just the right place to kill everything on the airfield… True they my not get the plane but allot of these morons think (and given their goal rightfully so) that it's better to kill pilot that might keep the plane up for 5 or 10 minutes then to just wait for him to die.

[nl]Invincible

FH Betatester

50 XP

28th December 2004

0 Uploads

1,437 Posts

0 Threads

#25 16 years ago

wy not making a second runway! for reloding.... make it longer so its posible to land!...it make the map look beter to... now its only a tiny litle airtrip a box and a tent... didt a whole german armada of falschirmjagers slept in that singel tent!... a couple of baracks wil be looking cool to.... I hope the Fh team makes it a lilte more easyer to land taxi, taxi and take of... an give the airfield a realitic look..

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#26 16 years ago

Guys......tanks ARE bombed way too much and DO spoil tank combat on many maps. And i say that as a clan pilot.

Having to land and rearm doenst take all that long, but longer then just zooming over the airfield full speed. That time wil give tankers a slight relief so they don't get bombed every few seconds......because that is rediculous and no fun at all for the tank player who want to enjoy the game too.

You can land on a carrier and take off again......no big deal really. Land, rearm, roll straight back to create enough free take off distance again, then take off. But just like Anlushac mentioned you need to cut throttle half a minute before landing already and glide it down, else there is no way of stopping it in time......some really smart DICE programmer made wheelbrakes only work when you leave the aircraft and FH devs made the throttle respond very slow.....end result is you are a sitting duck when attempting to land, or come in so fast you'll never make an intact aircraft landing.

If you make sure you land on the foreward part of the flightdeck it may even be possible to not have to roll back at all before taking off again. You don't need a flight control tower if the community agrees to use airfields and carriers in one direction only. An arrow on the runway could indicate that direction, much like the one seen in Desert Rose British airfield. Landing and taking off in the same direction at least eliminates head on collisions wich count for at least 80 % of all airfield and carrier rearming fly by aircraft collisions.

I land planes all the time, because i do something completely alien to 98 % of all players : i repair damaged aircraft in hangars if these are in a map. That is why i got so upset these %^@$ !!! mapper devs still use repair hangars as spawn points wich block my path into the repair hangar. And if these spawns are in use and not there, it is even more dangerous because when you are in that hangar when the new aircraft spawns, you explode...... :thatsgreat:

I know it is better that aircraft are parked protected, but why block REPAIR facilities ??? ( and the REPAIR pads are still blocked by vihicle spawns too, why devs, why ?!?!? )

Tas

Serious business brigade

50 XP

3rd September 2004

0 Uploads

7,275 Posts

0 Threads

#27 16 years ago
tvihOh sure, and gets sniped trying to do that, or someone steals your tank from under your nose, friendly or enemy. Or a bomber bombs you, or an enemy tanks pops out of nowhere and riddles you with holes. It's really not that different. That said, I wouldn't mind too much if repair pads were the only thing that'd repair a tank. But ammoboxes still should rearm them. Yeah, sure, and 20 deaths per round from getting constantly bombed. Ever tried tanking on, say, Prokhorovka, El Alamein..? Now, I can definitely hold my own against tanks quite well, but when there's one Jabo or another diving for me every other second, it just gets stupid and pointless even trying to leave the base. I can see the point about rearming on a carrier. Those could be kept as flyby reloads I guess, but normal runways really should require stopping by, or then we need LESS planes. In any case currently tanks are nothing but fodder in many maps, with a Jabo or faust or satchel or whatever lurking around every corner.

He said it all basicly, to many planes and they are too easy to reload.. Its funny to see people call themselves "pilots" and start saying "us" and "we" when they try and make a point.. Wake up buddy, there is no tanker VS planes camp, Im by no means a tanker but when i do grab that tank for once on one of beforementioned maps i DO get sick of getting nuked into oblivion by one of many jabo's, bombers all the damn time. These were mostly ground engagements historicly, then why is every fucktard "pilot" camping on the runway for a precious bird? Blegh..

Skipster

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

29th July 2004

0 Uploads

1,068 Posts

0 Threads

#28 16 years ago
Beast of War You can land on a carrier and take off again......no big deal really. Land, rearm, roll straight back to create enough free take off distance again, then take off. But just like Anlushac mentioned you need to cut throttle half a minute

While it is easy enough to land on an unoccupied carrier, the lack of arrester cables and the starting position for aircraft at the rear of the deck (why?) make landing on an active carrier tricky at best. Coral Sea, I would consider it impossible to land, considering there are always planes taking off. I do try to repair in hangars if possible though. With a little luck, I can keep a 109 for a whole round of El Al.

[nl]Invincible

FH Betatester

50 XP

28th December 2004

0 Uploads

1,437 Posts

0 Threads

#29 16 years ago

i hate it wen im german (in breaktreugh) and driving in my tank and sudently bombt by a jabos, but it is realistic , if you read the books and papers of german tank comanders you see that ther are a lot engament by typhoons ,p-47's and tempests in normandy and other places in france... so i dont know whats your point. you get blowing up by enemy aircrafts? thay made to be use.... but i agree about 1 thing! i hat those damn Plane campers!

MR.X`

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th April 2004

0 Uploads

12,409 Posts

0 Threads

#30 16 years ago
Anlushac11I hate landings in BF engine because you have to judge when to cut throttle so the time delay takes effect and you can glide in and not stall out before runway or wait to late and overshoot. Im hoping and praying BF2 gives us a real throttle so you can throttle back and make a real glide approach.

Landing in BF as opposed to IRL is easy as pie. At the descent rate most people do, especially without flaps (and given most are tail draggers in FH), they would kill themselves lickety split.

Sometimes being a pilot IRL helps. Albeit if the biggest thing I flew was a six seater Piper Lance Turbo.