Barget

Großdeutschland

50 XP

30th November 2004

0 Uploads

137 Posts

0 Threads

#31 16 years ago
FactionReconThat happens with the Corsair on Pacific maps as well. It's been doing it since .65, and I figured they had fixed it in the patch, but apparently not.

That Corsair just feels fast, it's when you're flying it you can sorta feel the speed as everything whizzes by you. An amazing aircraft. :)

[nl]Invincible

FH Betatester

50 XP

28th December 2004

0 Uploads

1,437 Posts

0 Threads

#32 16 years ago

I agree, its flying very good.. its gives you realy te fealing that your flying at high speed.. wen i'm flying in a acival i have more the feeling that i havent got anough engin power, and i can fall every miniut out of the sky! i realy hate him.. so a use the lovely corsair to shoot him down..hehe

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#33 16 years ago
TK3997Team Killers guys already try to TK me for my plane on a fly by I’d be meat if I landed. [/quote]This isn't even an excuse. If the team has TKers, they will TK anything, not just planes. Play on servers that control smacktards Howere this: [QUOTE=TK3997]Way I see it you get your magic wrench that fixes your tank in the middle of the field and ammo boxes that instantly replenish your heavy ass shells I get my fly by reload.

... this is a very valid point. However, it's taken out of proportion. As it was said, it takes maybe 60 seconds to fly from one side of the map, bomb, and come back the airfield. Tanks, on the other hand, can sometimes take more the 5 minutes just to drive accross the map. And on some maps, it can be as long as 10 minutes. Now imagine a tank coming back to base spending 10 minutes of the game time just to rearm/repair. And compare that to the plane adding another 60 secs for his run to accomodate the landing.

Tas

Serious business brigade

50 XP

3rd September 2004

0 Uploads

7,275 Posts

0 Threads

#34 16 years ago
'[nlInvincible']i hate it wen im german (in breaktreugh) and driving in my tank and sudently bombt by a jabos, but it is realistic , if you read the books and papers of german tank comanders you see that ther are a lot engament by typhoons ,p-47's and tempests in normandy and other places in france... so i dont know whats your point. you get blowing up by enemy aircrafts? thay made to be use.... but i agree about 1 thing! i hat those damn Plane campers!

Planes are overpowered in FH, maybe not their weapons, or speed. But their agility and ability to keep flying without having to land to re-arm means if they miss with their 2 bombs they just take 20 seconds to fly back to base, fly over and rearm just to return and bomb your already damaged slow POS tank. That is what pissed me off.. Maps that are supposed to be tank maps are just target practise maps for pilots now.

Count Nosferatu

The Count Stalks...

50 XP

22nd February 2004

0 Uploads

2,100 Posts

0 Threads

#35 16 years ago
'[CoUkniu']No need to land for a piss,Count.Ever heard the expression "relief tube"?:)[/QUOTE]Now that is really taking the piss ;) [QUOTE=Anlushac11] Sorry for my lack of compassion. I think all aircraft should have to reload and taxi to a rearming spot instead of this fly by reload crap. I think it would reduce planes being so dominant. Now on most maps a pilot can take off, fly to a target, drop bombs, fly back and reload, and be back on target in just over 60 seconds. Most pilots have screamed bloody murder at he thought to have to actually land to reload.

While tankers everywhere breathed a collective sigh of relief I don't have a problem so much with planes flying by to reload, that suits me as it slows down flyboys but not enough to cap the action. No I never fly... yes I am [almost] always killed by a bomb. A major problem with forcing planes to land is, yep you guessed it. Campers, not enemies but friendly shooting at you, trying to get your plane.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#36 16 years ago
Count Nosferatu A major problem with forcing planes to land is, yep you guessed it. Campers, not enemies but friendly shooting at you, trying to get your plane.

On good administered servers you don't have that problem.... i mean you do have that problem but it will be dealt with quickly. More servers should have TK backfire option 100% + a long TK spawn delay on also.....that will learn idiot smacktards not to damage friendly aircraft while they take off/ are rearming/repairing or kill players to get a plane or it's respawn.

Why almost all servers are so smacktard friendly is beyond me, not making use of TK backfire and TK spawn delay is practically inviting smacktard elements to spoil your server gameplay......or at least giving admins loads of work instead of play....

:devil:

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#37 16 years ago

Backfire: the most unrealistic thing in the whole BF universe, and you want more servers of the "realistic" mod to enforce it? Not only the team loses one vehicle/soldier due to a TK, but now you want the team to lose two vehicle's/soldiers due to the accidental TK?

Or imagine a KT "surrounded" by the enemy. He fires at the enemy Sherman, blows him up, and sends a friendly soldier flying to his death who was trying to satchel that Sherman. Friendly soldier dies, and so does the KT driver, leaving the KT completely empty and in perfect health in the enemy hands. Not only the team lost an engineer due to an accidental TK, but they also lost the heavies tank of the game due to some unrealistic settings?

Need i give more examples of how distructive backfire is to your own team? Or what about smacktards using the backfire to their own advantage: they run infront of the plane taking off, get TKed by the plane, and the pilot dies for no reason, leaving the plane nose-grounded into the dirt? I've played on servers that had backfire and that's exactly what smacktards were doing.

TK3997

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

22nd May 2004

0 Uploads

36 Posts

0 Threads

#38 16 years ago
Tanks, on the other hand, can sometimes take more the 5 minutes just to drive across the map. And on some maps, it can be as long as 10 minutes. Now imagine a tank coming back to base spending 10 minutes of the game time just to rearm/repair. And compare that to the plane adding another 60 secs for his run to accomodate the landing.

The average landing is not going to be 60 seconds.

As it is I’m loath to land to even repair because of several things

-The strips are as mentioned to damn small maneuvering is very hard and involves a lot of start and stop back and forth to try and get where your going.

Also the stick and throttle plays against me here. I don’t know about you guys but try as I might I can’t really find a sweet spot where the engine turns completely off I’m always rolling either forward or backward a little. This makes staying in one spot and maneuvering on the ground very annoying and difficult I can do it, but it’s not something I enjoy. -They are also often inexplicably lined buildings and trees and people drive across them constantly making landing dangerous since just bumping a tree or jeep is enough to pretty much trash a plane. -Getting on the ground isn’t that hard getting on the ground anywhere near where you want to is. The landing gear ins FH is extremely annoying it drops constantly when I’m trying to patrol slowly over a battle zone, but as I’m coming in toward the field it’s NA I don’t like coming down now. -If someone else is trying to land I’d have to wait and hope to god that anyone behind me was as smart enough to do so when I went in.

Sitting in a holding pattern over the air field while a guy taxis off the run way is not fun at all. This often seems to get lost in the mad rush for realism the game is supposed to be fun. Not a super accurate historic simulator it’s a game it should be fun. -I’ll have to taxi again and throttle up for take off. -Fighters will gain a HUGE advantage now all of there targets are going to be spending half the time sitting on the ground not moving… What your solution to that? Nerf the guns so they can’t kill the planes as easily?

Your average landing is going to be WAY more then 60 seconds IMO and will slow planes down to the point their effect on a battle will be minimal so they kill 1 or 2 tanks by the time they manage to reload and get back up the tanks will have respawned and be coming back.

If they aren't first TKed or strafed to death when they landed anyway.

And I don’t use tanks at all basically anymore I don’t like tanks and very rarely use them because in my view their not fun.

Shooting the enemy 10 times and having no effect or being 1 shot killed from across the map is not my idea of a good time. I only play infantry and planes because they tend to be at least semi fair. Expect on a few North African map those can actually be fairly fun to play armor on since one side isn’t grossly superior to the other.

I really don’t get how you tankers can have fun unless you’re the one that’s always in the invulnerable German heavy. It would explain why you dislike plane so much since there basically the only thing that can stop you…

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#39 16 years ago
TK3997The average landing is not going to be 60 seconds. ..... I don’t know about you guys but try as I might I can’t really find a sweet spot where the engine turns completely off I’m always rolling either forward or backward a little.

Simple: press "W", move forward; press "S", move backward; don't press anything the throttle cuts off in idle; slightly tap "W" and it will give you just the right power to land once the speed has been cut. Who needs a JS to fly? Everytime i heard the words "Joystick" and "BF" together it's because someone is having problems with the two. The joystick causes more problems then it solves. Original BF didn't even have a joystick support till a few patches later. I use mouse and keyboard to fly, and i don't have a problem landing a Stuka and taking off again in 60 seconds (unless of course an enemy tank is camping the airfield). The only people that have problems in BF with planes are those that fly with a Joystick and want them to be like in sims (airbrakes, flaps, blah blah blah). If you fly BF planes the way there were designed to fly by Dice, ie. with mouse and keyboard, then there are no problems

LionRampant

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

12th September 2004

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#40 16 years ago
'[SYN hydraSlav']Simple: press "W", move forward; press "S", move backward; don't press anything the throttle cuts off in idle; slightly tap "W" and it will give you just the right power to land once the speed has been cut. Who needs a JS to fly? Everytime i heard the words "Joystick" and "BF" together it's because someone is having problems with the two. The joystick causes more problems then it solves. Original BF didn't even have a joystick support till a few patches later. I use mouse and keyboard to fly, and i don't have a problem landing a Stuka and taking off again in 60 seconds (unless of course an enemy tank is camping the airfield). The only people that have problems in BF with planes are those that fly with a Joystick and want them to be like in sims (airbrakes, flaps, blah blah blah). If you fly BF planes the way there were designed to fly by Dice, ie. with mouse and keyboard, then there are no problems

I actually fly using the joystick, except I do use the above-mentioned keys for thottle. I also use A and D in addition to twisting the joystick for extra rudder. Works just fine. smilie.gif I find that the throttle slider simply isn't suited to BF.