Trouble finding co-op version of rheinuebung 1941 map (Need help plz) -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

I've been looking for this co-op version of rheinuebung 1941 map for a long time, and yet I can not find it. Can someone pont me where to find these, but if there is no such thing as co-op version. Then may I ask one for you, whom are map maker expert to make one of these for any of us who want co-op version of rheinuebung 1941, where one of us would get to play this map because I am not able to find server that run this map often.

And at the same time, I would like to be able to practice and having fun diong naval battles in rheinuebung 1941 map. Thanks!

Chaoic out...

Moose12

I am also [130.Pz]Gef.Elche Pz

50 XP

6th December 2005

0 Uploads

4,456 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

I don't know if there is one.

Real-BadSeed

Science experiment

50 XP

5th December 2004

0 Uploads

3,799 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

No Coop for this map, im afraid. Sorry..

[WOLF] Ionizer

Do the Squirrel Dance!

50 XP

19th March 2007

0 Uploads

975 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Apparently bots don't know how to operate ships correctly and just stay in one place. That's why Rheinuebung doesn't have bot support.

BTW, WOLF runs Rheinuebung, its a little modded to fix bugs/mass disconnects, but it's still fun. Ask Real-BadSeed what the exact SSMs are, he's the one who made the map playable (Thanks BadSeed! [I still refuse to call you "RBS"]).

(Again note, I am not affiliated with WOLF in any way, besides wearing the TAG. "Ionizer" was taken on these forums, so I wear my WOLF tag here.)

jumjum

Write heavy; write hard.

50 XP

11th April 2005

0 Uploads

6,827 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

Off the top of my head, there's no co-op for Pavlov, Berlin Streets, Pegasus Bridge, The Hell Of Bocage, Omaha - Charlie Sector (although IIRC General_Henry made a coop version Charlie Sector). Also, the Bulge co-op is buggy.

Did I get 'em all?

mydjinny

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

2nd August 2006

0 Uploads

1,185 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

I have that map...Coop charlie..Not bad. Needs a bit of work cuz bots still spawn down in the bunkers rendering half the team out of action, MG gunners don't fire much and are of little threat until you climb the hill, Route 99 (He made the COOP, Gen. Henry only added the guns back in), took away the landing aspect which would have otherwise added a whole new aspect to the thing and bots have issues capping the top of the hill (The garrison.) Oh and the Dev gun is never occupied - But the artillery is crazy once you hit the top Yer, about Pavlov's house, Berlin streets, Hell of Bocage and Pegasus... Why is that, i wonder... maybe, even consider Rammelle Neuville also for we SPR fans... What I see is this: Pavlov - Okay, only 2 floors...Still fun if you don't play 64 players, just teach bots to use the flamthrower and make it a selectable kit for the germans. Add JU bombers on a rail above everything and the map would have personality Hell of Bocage - 'gonna be a Hell ofa map especially if 88s and paks were put strategically in the Hedgerows Pegausus, you could replace the distant mortars with 88 artillery variants ie the ones in Foy berlin Streets - If a mapper could level the map only slightly, bots shouldn't have that much an issue cuz it would be like a better form of Orel Don't forget my personal fav - Battle of midway... That would be the bomb if it had COOP! Ooh...And ofcourse Saipanm - If bots were made agressive, this would be what Iwo was supposed to be! Bunkers, pill boxes, the best the airforce and navy have to offer in 45... It could work - Maybe they should add em to the Unofficial 0.7 Mappack... I won't mind waiting for a COOP version of these treasures.

Commie

The elusive Member 132837.

50 XP

23rd December 2005

0 Uploads

1,850 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

I've made Hell of Bocage coop, still needs some tweaking to get the bots more aggro (although it worked surprisingly well first go):

OH MIGHTY COMRADE

bizness

FH Dev

50 XP

22nd October 2004

0 Uploads

543 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

I started Pavlov's house, the new midway objective map and Pegasus but never finished them. Besides starting work for FH2 the reasons are as follows...

Pavlovs house: Since pathfinding is 2d in fh1, the house turned 90% useless for bots. I could map the main floor and maybe a little piece of the upper and thats it. I don't think this would be much fun!

Pegasus: For one, there is something wrong with the bridge. The AI fall through it how or why I have no idea. Also, bots don't fire mortars. I spent hours trying to tweak the mortars to get them to fire and seen it happen maybe 3 times. Without mortars Pegasus isn't the same either.

Midway Objective: I just kinda gave up on this one as my time with FH1 was at the end. Besides that I kept getting crashes the debugger wouldn't explain so it was a bunch of guesswork from there on and wasn't fun anymore.

Most of the maps missing Co-op have their reasons. I'm almost scared to see how bad the AI navigates the bunkers on Charlie.

mydjinny

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

2nd August 2006

0 Uploads

1,185 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

With charlie, it was once cnsidered impossible and yet Route did it. I can't understand why he took away the landings though (Americans start with the beach camptured). also, the bunkers should not be useful for bots - i.e. the team that owns the top of the hill should have units spawn in the open or at worst in the top area of the bunker....The final issue I had was that at least 4 US bots got used up manning the mgs for no good reason. For Pegasus, what about using Flak 18 artillery (ie. the ones that lobe shells as used in Foy those are effective for indirect fire) and pretty deadly... For Pavlov, if the flame thrower was included, players could play very short games with a few people (24 max) and have bots spawn on MGs upstairs and a few in the basement so that it becomes a static fortress if you play the Germans. Also, the PTRDs could be selectable kits (Don't know if they already are)... But it won't be that awful maybe.... I think what makes a map worth playing is not only direct gameplay but the significance of the battle it represents. So sad about Midway though...Of all the maps, that was the one I was Soooo looking foward to - A worthwhile air map I wonder about Saipan though... The Pacific, I feel is the 2nd most-dull theater of war besides the desert in FH0.7 save for Tulagi which can be real fun. Saipan could really add something... Aah well, maybe someone would just up out of the blue take up one map or something... *Fingers crossed* Thanks biz... Hell of the Bocage! That'll be Sooo cool.... I'm tempted to say you should rename it as bocage so that it takes the place of Bocage in the Forgotten Hope folder but I can't say my frustration with that shite vanilla map is shared by all on the forum :-)

Mayhemic.MAD

praising the FH devs

50 XP

22nd October 2006

0 Uploads

162 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago

There is a "coop-midway" mod (for vanilla BF1942) that states in the readme "This mod changes the original midway map, so you'll be able to use the conquest units in coop or singleplayer. It also adds AI to the subs, so the bots are able to drive and shoot them." I haven´t played this map since ages, so I don´t know how the bots handle the boats (and weapons) which would be the most important thing on rheinuebung. btw, there is also a map called coop-Coral_Sea for BF42. seems like it doesn´t even use ai paths.