Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#11 17 years ago

That would rule. 50 rounds of .45 ammo at 700 rpm.. I think that would make a great spawnable kit.

Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#12 17 years ago
'[CNIOhioan']That would rule. 50 rounds of .45 ammo at 700 rpm.. I think that would make a great spawnable kit.

I second that motion!

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#13 17 years ago

Actually, a normal tommy gun clip (the 'stick') would vary from 20 - 30 rounds. Im not sure but I think the 30 round clip came later in the war, but the earliest was the drum clip, which was indeed around 50.

Still, would be good fun, although give it more recoil than a normal tompson and make it a pickup kit like Ohioan suggested.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#14 17 years ago

When i make the tommy, it will have all 3 versions (drum, shortmag, longmag)

Ohioan

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#15 17 years ago

Nice, didn't know you were re-doing it. It isn't that bad, besides the bolt being on the wrong side and the reload animation being completely wrong. I'd hit up the No.4 first if I were you.

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#16 17 years ago

yeah, does the enfield have to be yellow? I know its not an SMLE and it was made out of poorer-quality wood, but its an eye sore at times.

Good to see we have the right guy for the Job ;) those new tommys will be excellent.

Cyb3rwarrior

I hate hollywood.

50 XP

16th September 2003

0 Uploads

251 Posts

0 Threads

#17 17 years ago

OhioanTommy: .45 cal, same round as the Colt, a very decent pistol Type100: 8mm, same bullet as the Nambu, the worst pistol evar

The MP18 is modelled after the MP28German SMG that the Brittish copied into the Brittish Lanchester that the Japs copied that was actually a much better SMG then the Type100, with a higher rate of fire and greater durability. I suppose imperial pride had something to do with that.

Will it compete? Probably not, the Tommy is arguably the best SMG of the war (Ppsh had production issues, tommy's were being made since the 1930s and there was a surplus to use). Will it serve it's purpose? Yep.

first the MP18 IS the Bergmenn, and the Lanchester was copied from the sten, AFTER WW2, while the type 100, while looking similiar, was homegrown, thats why it had so many problems, the MP18 was a good weapon, it just could not be massed produced. and as for the nambu being the worst pistol ever, yes thats true, BUT not because of its caliber, 8 mm is a good caliber, MANY rifles have used it or near it (7.92 7.62).

PS Im reading from an encyclopedia of weapons of WW2

Ohioan

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#18 17 years ago

Rifle bullets aren't the same size as Pistol bullets (7.62x22 = Ppsh round. 7.62x56 = DP round), even if they are the same calibre. And yeah, I knew it was the Bergmann (it's what I meant :P) but are you sure the Japs didn't copy the 100 from the Brits? I recall hearing that..

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#19 17 years ago
OhioanRifle bullets aren't the same size as Pistol bullets (7.62x22 = Ppsh round. 7.62x56 = DP round), even if they are the same calibre. And yeah, I knew it was the Bergmann (it's what I meant :P) but are you sure the Japs didn't copy the 100 from the Brits? I recall hearing that..

No, the type 100 is copied mainly from the Steyr-Solothurn S1-100. A swiss design that the Japanese used somewhat and also encountered in China. Also, you say the Nambu pistol was the worst pistol ever made? That is simply wrong my friend. The Nambu pistol was a sound design. You are thinking of the 94 Shiki Kenju, that is not in FH, and it WAS the worst pistol in WWII, it could kill you just as much as the enemy. It looks a lot different than the Nambu pistol.

Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#20 17 years ago
McGibsWhen i make the tommy, it will have all 3 versions (drum, shortmag, longmag)

:beer: :thumbsup: :)