Froggin_Ashole42

My nationality? I'm a mut.

50 XP

4th March 2004

0 Uploads

530 Posts

0 Threads

#21 17 years ago

With the thommy gun barrel version,people will complain about balancing issues.Now,is there anyway to make someone walk slower? Also,the Arisaka was a great weapon until the Japanese had to produce more quick,thus making the substitute Arisaka.

[CDC]Greywolf1

All my points are in the bank!

50 XP

1st March 2004

0 Uploads

201 Posts

0 Threads

#22 17 years ago

Boy Cyberwarrior u r an idiot...the Lanchester was built exactly as the MP28 just with a 50 round clip, it was also made in the early years of WWII not after, it was made because of the loss of guns during Dunkirk... oh and there is one pistol worse then the Nambu, it was another Jap pistol, forget the name but it fired randomly and it was given 2 tankers and pilots

AussieZaitsev

Revenge was here.

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,970 Posts

0 Threads

#23 17 years ago

94 shiki kara probably wrong, butr i think that was the pistol your talking about

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

10th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#24 17 years ago
OhioanWill it compete? Probably not, the Tommy is arguably the best SMG of the war (Ppsh had production issues, tommy's were being made since the 1930s and there was a surplus to use). Will it serve it's purpose? Yep.

actually, my info says that the tommy gun was first produced for WW1 in 1919, but the army didnt want it so it was offered on the open market. but the 50 round drum would own, but i think it shouldnt be a spawnable kit, it should be a random thing if possible, kinda like player models on some maps, where some get caps, other get helmets...

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#25 17 years ago

i agree , for teh most part i dont really like the idea of spawnable kits, b/c groups of people just will wait for the gun

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#26 17 years ago
PanzerAceactually, my info says that the tommy gun was first produced for WW1 in 1919, but the army didnt want it so it was offered on the open market. but the 50 round drum would own, but i think it shouldnt be a spawnable kit, it should be a random thing if possible, kinda like player models on some maps, where some get caps, other get helmets...

1919 then, it's been a while since I read into it.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#27 17 years ago
Ohioan1919 then, it's been a while since I read into it.

The first thompson to see action in WWII was the M1928 which saw service with the British fighting in France. 20 round magazines were ussally perfered over the 50 round drums since the 50 round drums were very ungainly and rattled when one moved. I am all for giving the Thompson 20 round magazines seeing as it is in game the second best submachine gun.

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#28 17 years ago
Froggin_Ashole42With the thommy gun barrel version,people will complain about balancing issues.Now,is there anyway to make someone walk slower? Also,the Arisaka was a great weapon until the Japanese had to produce more quick,thus making the substitute Arisaka.

Totally agree with you on the early type 99 arisaka. I read some sites that had quotes from gun experts considering that the early war versions of the type 99 were some of the best bolt-action rifles during WWII, they place it behind the No.4 which they considered the best. Arisaka 99 rifles had chrome, which supposedly helped reduce corosion in the tropics and from constant firing. Something the Americans adopted much later on the m1, plus the fact that it was accurate, powerful, and easier to handle than the older type 38.