So, ive been working on a new version of my original sig: and below is the fruits of an hour of labor: I've tweaked the colors around and added two extra layers. I used a few diffrent image editors, and I think I did a pretty okay job considering this is only my second sig.
Another one that took about 15 minutes. 2 layers with minor tweekage.
A darker version of my current sig. Also blurred it up a bit. Which is partial to blame for the text being messed up and hard to read.
Try making the text in that halo one smaller. Never ever make the text bigger than the render.
Taking FLC's advice, here is my new and improved Halo sig.