I'm going to get GIMP. I have a couple of questions though,
- Can I add Animations to my graphics?
- How Much Does It Differ from Photoshop?
- Do I have The Right Gimp? Link
:moved: as rquested by Turtlefuzz
1. Yes you can, although it's hard. It doesn't have any extra program like Photoshop has Imageready. I've once tried it, but didn't succeed. But it is possible.
2. Well.. it's free, and a little less powerfull. It has less filters, and it's interface is hard to learn. However, once you are a little experienced, it should all go well. It has all the basic things needed for signature making.
3. I'd download it from the original site, located here.
It is quite easy to make animations. You can optimise for .gif if you want as well. The layers are the frames, and theres a self explanatory bit once you save about delays etc.
Thanks alot every one! I'm looking foward to starting! :nodding:
Btw, One last question:
- How Easy Are Splatter Effects?
What do you mean by splatter effects? Paint splattered on the page? New brushes can be installed, so you could get a splatter one I suppose... There might be some filters you could use...
(A minute later)
Yes, there is a script called "coffee stain" that would work well.
yeah like that. New question:
- can I do a shattering glass effect with it too?
With this tutorial you can - http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr?lp=pt_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gimp.com.br%2Ftutoriais%2Fvidro_quebrado%2F&intl=1 Bear in mind it has been translated from portuguese, so might be a little hard to understand. It has pictures, though.
I didn't make it!
This is a totally awesum game guys. i wouldnt miss out on the oppurtunity 2 play it. Follow the link