iSpartan

YAY

50 XP

16th July 2006

0 Uploads

507 Posts

0 Threads

#1 9 years ago

I just got photoshop and was wondering if it was possible to change the color of this guitar pickup. EMG.jpg

Chocu1a

Feel my heat, Heavens on fire.

45,365 XP

3rd August 2005

0 Uploads

4,209 Posts

0 Threads

#2 9 years ago

What? Do you mean the color of the PICTURE of the pick-up? If yes, then all you have to do is mask the area you want to change & put a color overlay on the part you want to change. or you can put a color overlay on the entire picture, & erase the parts you don't want colored. If you want to change the color of a REAL pick-up, you will need a can of paint...lol.

iSpartan

YAY

50 XP

16th July 2006

0 Uploads

507 Posts

0 Threads

#3 9 years ago

ya the picture. can you like make a tutorial cause i don't use photoshop often and am not very good at it

Inyri Forge VIP Member

[Insert User Title Here]

55 XP

15th March 2005

0 Uploads

25,940 Posts

0 Threads

#4 9 years ago

There are a couple of ways to do this, but the following should be the easiest.

1. Select the area you want to change the color of using one of the lasso tools (hotkey L). 2. Press Ctrl+U to get to the Hue/Saturation screen. 3. Click the Colorize checkbox in the bottom right. 4. Move the Hue slider left or right until you have the color you want. 5. You can also play with the Saturation and Lightness sliders to taste.

There are various other techniques so if you find that this doesn't quite achieve what you need I or one of the graphics gurus here can instruct you on something a little more advanced. Good luck!

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,497 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,740 Posts

1,754 Threads

#5 9 years ago

I use gimp, which is a freeware version of Photoshop, but it's somewhat easier to use. But anyways it's better to use the scissors tool, if it has that and then the mask will be more precise.

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Inyri Forge VIP Member

[Insert User Title Here]

55 XP

15th March 2005

0 Uploads

25,940 Posts

0 Threads

#6 9 years ago
computernerd;4806087I use gimp, which is a freeware version of Photoshop

Not exactly. It's freeware image manipulation software but it is by no means freeware Photoshop, unless you're suggesting that simply because they have similar features. Of course by that reasoning Linux is a freeware version of Windows. They have the same purpose but are quite a bit different. :)

There is, however, a version of GIMP called GIMPshop which attempts to mimic the photoshop GUI to make it easier for photoshop users to use GIMP.

iSpartan

YAY

50 XP

16th July 2006

0 Uploads

507 Posts

0 Threads

#7 9 years ago

what is gui

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,497 XP