2008 Most Wanted... 104 replies

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#101 11 years ago

well PC gamers still get Blizzard, Valve, and id, all those companies have done extremly well on PC

BlitZ, The 57th

Fack, Fack you, Fack that

50 XP

20th April 2007

0 Uploads

3,236 Posts

0 Threads

#102 11 years ago
>Omen<;4226884What you aren't seeing is that Lucas wrote all the Star Wars stories, therefore owns the rights to them. Why would he have a publisher other than his own take the games to market? Just doesn't make sense, not even remotely. This has nothing to do with LA struggling financially or not having marketing savvy. It's a decision born of greed, much like Epic Games made to cater to consoles rather than PC because they sell 5 times as many games. More and more developers and publishers are seeing the PC platform as not worth their time.

Yeah exactly, i'm thinking by the decision of greed. If LA worked with EA they could take a portion of the profits, i mean why not? it's kinda like a win-win situation. They get fanbase and profits, we get sequels to star wars in the form of games. All they need to provide is alittle manpower and the story. I'm certain that EA + LA could make a game to be a game of the year so much so that LA will continue working with them =) then~ it will be worth their time.

&gt;Omen&lt;

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#103 11 years ago
-={Stalwart Death}=-;4228440Yeah exactly, i'm thinking by the decision of greed. If LA worked with EA they could take a portion of the profits, i mean why not? it's kinda like a win-win situation. They get fanbase and profits, we get sequels to star wars in the form of games. All they need to provide is alittle manpower and the story. I'm certain that EA + LA could make a game to be a game of the year so much so that LA will continue working with them =) then~ it will be worth their time.

Not that you're an irrational guy per se Pilla, but this has to be one of the most irrational arguments for SW: TFU marketing I've heard yet. It appears you seriously misinterpreted my post. First off, LA is NOT going to make any more money sharing publishing on a game with EA, they'll just get less that way. Second, EA doesn't exactly have stellar rep as a publisher. If anything they are known for poor customer support. Just look at the Crysis sales vs CoD4. EA did not magically bring CryTek good fortune, in fact I feel my words a long time ago when they first struck the deal with EA are ringing true, that being that EA is merely limiting the potential of a great dev team in CryTek.

BlitZ, The 57th

Fack, Fack you, Fack that

50 XP

20th April 2007

0 Uploads

3,236 Posts

0 Threads

#104 11 years ago

I'm just a person who likes certain stuff to work together =/ and for good stuff to get along.

Main reason why i play Squad Tactical Gameplay *stares at signature*

&gt;Omen&lt;

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#105 11 years ago

Oops, I just realized I called you Pilla, sorry Stalwart and Sgt D.