The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#1 2 years ago

But wait! There's more!

This isn't a case of a big, mean company going after an innocent, struggling developer. A few days ago, Trek Industries posted an announcement, begging their community for help. Supposedly out of the blue, they'd been hit with a DMCA notice from Activision, which had forced their game, ORION, to be pulled from Steam. Trek asked its community to go out, spread the news and get them some moral backing.

The internet did what it does best; it dug into their claim and dug up all the shit they didn't want people to actually know. It turns out that Trek Industries are not, in fact, the innocent party here. A reddit user called /u/Some_MelonCat posted the below comparison, showing how the developer basically lifted part of the weapon from Activision's game; ZQeBNGs.png

Additionally, it quickly emerged that the developers actually have a history of this, as well as anti-consumer practices and treating its developers like garbage. 

So... Here's a lesson; if you're going to try and play a victim, at least make sure you are a victim :p

Here's the Reddit thread, for all your popcorn needs: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4q6xo5/activisions_dmca_claim_on_orion_is_legit_orions/

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,396 XP

15th December 2002

48 Uploads

22,460 Posts

1,702 Threads

#2 2 years ago

Ultimately though, you can't hide, they'll get everything they deserve.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,096 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#3 2 years ago

I felt bad for the Orion devs until I heard about all the shit they pulled.  Now I think they actually deserve this takedown because for once the little guys are in the wrong.

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#4 2 years ago

How hard is it to design a gun? Lazy gits....

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.