Solace92

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

13th September 2010

0 Uploads

129 Posts

0 Threads

#1 8 years ago

Anyone remember back in like February whenever AvP3 came out? I was so excited for that game, and was really looking forward to it. Too bad it failed. I just played it for the first time in like 6 months for Xbox 360 and there's a new patch. Apparently the matchmaking is faster now, so you don't have to wait 10 minutes to play a game. I was surprised to see that people still play this online, granted, it's nowhere near as popular as it was the week it was released. It seems like no one does non-ranked games anymore though, and most of the time you end up playing with a small amount of players, instated of a large amount of players, due to the game slowly losing popularity. It still takes you back to the menu after a ranked game though, which sucks.

I'm not sure if they fixed the flamethrower or not, since I didn't have a chance to actually kill anyone with the flamethrower, which was originally (and possibly still is) extremely underpowered in multiplayer. It was fun for a bit, I got a killing spree going on in my first match today. Sadly, almost every time you die, it's because a Predator (Yautja) trophy kills you (rips your spine out). Or you die from a Predator shooting you with his plasma cannon, which disorientates you, and incapacitates you, then he'll shoot you again while you're incapacitated (or throw a one hit kill throwing spear at you).

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,954 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,512 Posts

38 Threads

#2 8 years ago

Its success is relative. I played the demo, and from what I could see from gameplay videos, it was an adequate game. Not a great game, but very few recent releases are. As for the game losing popularity, that happens to small time releases. Go to any number of games that don't have the names "Medal of honor", "Call of Duty", "Tom Clancy", or is of the MMO genre, and you'll have a hard time finding people to play with online. It's either because the games aren't supported by the developer/publisher and the game thus lost popularity, or the game never was popular to begin with.

Fyurii

NEKRON!!!!!!!

50 XP

4th August 2006

0 Uploads

3,477 Posts

0 Threads

#3 8 years ago

Solace92;5413953Anyone remember back in like February whenever AvP3 came out? I was so excited for that game, and was really looking forward to it. Too bad it failed. I just played it for the first time in like 6 months for Xbox 360 and there's a new patch. Apparently the matchmaking is faster now, so you don't have to wait 10 minutes to play a game. I was surprised to see that people still play this online, granted, it's nowhere near as popular as it was the week it was released. It seems like no one does non-ranked games anymore though, and most of the time you end up playing with a small amount of players, instated of a large amount of players, due to the game slowly losing popularity. It still takes you back to the menu after a ranked game though, which sucks.

I'm not sure if they fixed the flamethrower or not, since I didn't have a chance to actually kill anyone with the flamethrower, which was originally (and possibly still is) extremely underpowered in multiplayer. It was fun for a bit, I got a killing spree going on in my first match today. Sadly, almost every time you die, it's because a Predator (Yautja) trophy kills you (rips your spine out). Or you die from a Predator shooting you with his plasma cannon, which disorientates you, and incapacitates you, then he'll shoot you again while you're incapacitated (or throw a one hit kill throwing spear at you).

There hasn't been a new patch for quite some time. Console patches have been discontinued as well.

Overall, I agree with Serio's opinion of it being an adequate game. The singleplayer was good when it came to the plots, but the actual mechanics of game play sucked imo. Especially the Predator's weapons.

superwierdo024

Addicted to GF

50 XP

2nd April 2010

0 Uploads

302 Posts

0 Threads

#4 8 years ago

is this game like the movie?

Snow_Flake

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

21st December 2006

0 Uploads

886 Posts

0 Threads

#5 8 years ago
superwierdo024;5416023is this game like the movie?

Not exactly, the humans are soldiers that flew to another planet by space ship as does the predator. The AVP films are set on earth, so similar I suppose.

AVP never seems to get a break, the films were ok at best and the games don't do them much justice either.

superwierdo024

Addicted to GF

50 XP

2nd April 2010

0 Uploads

302 Posts

0 Threads

#6 8 years ago

but you can choose in either of the 3 race?

Solace92

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

13th September 2010

0 Uploads

129 Posts

0 Threads

#7 8 years ago
superwierdo024;5416463but you can choose in either of the 3 race?

Yes: humans, predators, aliens

Fyurii

NEKRON!!!!!!!

50 XP

4th August 2006

0 Uploads

3,477 Posts

0 Threads

#8 8 years ago

Snow_Flake;5416043Not exactly, the humans are soldiers that flew to another planet by space ship as does the predator. The AVP films are set on earth, so similar I suppose.

AVP never seems to get a break, the films were ok at best and the games don't do them much justice either.

The problems with the AvP films, are that they're set on earth, and modern day. Put them into the future, throw in Colonial Marines like the games, and they'd be more successful. Next, they should take the plot from either the second or third games, or use both for two films.

Predator works in a modern day setting on earth (and now on a different planet), but Aliens doesn't.

superwierdo024

Addicted to GF

50 XP

2nd April 2010

0 Uploads

302 Posts

0 Threads

#9 8 years ago

that's good. how many players can play this game at the same time

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 8 years ago

I already know what it's going to be like.

If you want to remain surprised at the game play when it arrives, do not click this spoiler.

If you'd like a glimpse of raw, unbridled carnage that is AVP, click it.

Spoiler: Show
1287345627788.jpg