No chance, you metal bastard

214 XP

17th August 2010

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

2 Threads

#1 2 years ago

Alright, chaps.

So, I've been toying with producing some sort of content for awhile. As a fan of Pokémon, I've decided I will be running through a hacked version of Pokemon Black, Pokemon Blazeblack under Nuzlocke rules. What is Pokémon BlazeBlack?

Pokémon Blaze Black and Pokémon Volt White are edits of the regular Pokémon Black and White versions which self-contain all 649 Pokémon, allowing a player a large amount of variety. In addition, BB/VW also have edited trainers, an increased difficulty level, improvements to many Pokémon and more. 

What are Nuzlocke rules?

• Any Pokémon that faint will be dead. They must be released or permanently stores in the PC Box.
  • The player may only catch the first Pokémon they encounter in any area. If the Pokemon faints or flees, there are no second chances.
  • If I black/white out, and it's game over.
  • I cannot reset if I lose a Pokémon.
  • I will nickname all Pokémon.

Any additional rules? The rules are optional clauses that can be put on to help/hinder the run.

• Starter Pokémon will be decided by the last number of the Trainer ID.
  • Dupes Clause: The Trainer can catch another Pokémon on the same route, if the Trainer already has caught the first Pokémon to appear. This is for variety.
  • Changing the Battle Style to Set. This means the Trainer cannot switch out a Pokémon after fainting a member of the opposing team.
  • Limiting the number of potions at any given time to 5.

Not got a start date for you guys yet, but it will likely be streamed live on Twitch and myself and FileTrekker will edit it down and place it on Youtube, either on the Filesnation Channel, or a seperate channel. 

I'm excited to do this, and hope you guys can share the glory and pain of this run.

MCFC OK!

Zel/os

SPAAAAACE!!!

50 XP

20th July 2016

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#2 2 years ago

Are the additional rules you've chosen set in stone currently or are you possibly choosing different ones? A good idea I've seen a few people do is have people vote on which rules apply during the stream using a flash poll for each route or something like that?

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,372 XP

15th December 2002

87 Uploads

22,521 Posts

1,748 Threads

#3 2 years ago

We'll try and give everyone the appropriate notice, it'll be on FN's Twitch and YouTube, though.

The rules are up to Chribolski though.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,932 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#4 2 years ago

This should be fun.

Might I suggest naming the Pokémon after forum members? :p

Silberio VIP Member

Bourée

392,819 XP

9th October 2007

0 Uploads

37,218 Posts

4 Threads

#5 2 years ago

Never been a huge fan of Pokemon (I was a Digimon kid, suck it) but this sounds interesting as hell and I'd gladly parttake!

qjyUJrq.png

Chribolski VIP Member

214 XP

17th August 2010

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

2 Threads

#6 2 years ago

"Serio"This should be fun.

Might I suggest naming the Pokémon after forum members? :p[/quote]

That's the plan. 

[quote="Zel/os"]Are the additional rules you've chosen set in stone currently or are you possibly choosing different ones? A good idea I've seen a few people do is have people vote on which rules apply during the stream using a flash poll for each route or something like that?

Well, take this chance to request any rules you'd like added.

MCFC OK!

Chribolski VIP Member

214 XP

17th August 2010

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

2 Threads

#7 2 years ago

A quick update folks, I am planning for the run to begin at 9pm GMT on Friday 12th August.

More details will be posted within the coming days.

MCFC OK!

Silberio VIP Member

Bourée

392,819 XP

9th October 2007

0 Uploads

37,218 Posts

4 Threads

#8 2 years ago

God damn, I'll be on the plane by then.

qjyUJrq.png

FileTrekker Über Admin

269,372 XP

15th December 2002

87 Uploads

22,521 Posts

1,748 Threads

#9 2 years ago

So we're looking to go live on Twitch with this at 9pm on Saturday, GMT.

I've added a countdown timer to the home page!

FileTrekker Über Admin

269,372 XP

15th December 2002

87 Uploads

22,521 Posts

1,748 Threads

#10 2 years ago

We're going live tonight, we have an awesome setup going and it should be a LOT of fun!

We're probably going to start a little late, around 10pm, so I've updated the counter, but I'll be around from 9ish anyway so tune in to the stream early if you like that sort of thing.

Looking forward to it, going to be fun!

TONIGHT 10PM UK SUMMER TIME (GMT+1) 9PM UTC / GMT 1PM PACIFIC USA 4PM EASTERN USA 5PM CENTRAL USA 10PM CENTRAL EUROPE 11PM EASTERN EUROPE 1AM RUSSIA

Hope to see you all there. Or be square. M8.