So, I've been toying with producing some sort of content for awhile. As a fan of Pokémon, I've decided I will be running through a hacked version of Pokemon Black, Pokemon Blazeblack under Nuzlocke rules. What is Pokémon BlazeBlack?
Pokémon Blaze Black and Pokémon Volt White are edits of the regular Pokémon Black and White versions which self-contain all 649 Pokémon, allowing a player a large amount of variety. In addition, BB/VW also have edited trainers, an increased difficulty level, improvements to many Pokémon and more.
What are Nuzlocke rules?
- Any Pokémon that faint will be dead. They must be released or permanently stores in the PC Box.
- The player may only catch the first Pokémon they encounter in any area. If the Pokemon faints or flees, there are no second chances.
- If I black/white out, and it's game over.
- I cannot reset if I lose a Pokémon.
- I will nickname all Pokémon.
Any additional rules? The rules are optional clauses that can be put on to help/hinder the run.
- Starter Pokémon will be decided by the last number of the Trainer ID.
- Dupes Clause: The Trainer can catch another Pokémon on the same route, if the Trainer already has caught the first Pokémon to appear. This is for variety.
- Changing the Battle Style to Set. This means the Trainer cannot switch out a Pokémon after fainting a member of the opposing team.
- Limiting the number of potions at any given time to 5.
Not got a start date for you guys yet, but it will likely be streamed live on Twitch and myself and FileTrekker will edit it down and place it on Youtube, either on the Filesnation Channel, or a seperate channel.
I'm excited to do this, and hope you guys can share the glory and pain of this run.
Are the additional rules you've chosen set in stone currently or are you possibly choosing different ones? A good idea I've seen a few people do is have people vote on which rules apply during the stream using a flash poll for each route or something like that?
We'll try and give everyone the appropriate notice, it'll be on FN's Twitch and YouTube, though.
The rules are up to Chribolski though.
This should be fun.
Might I suggest naming the Pokémon after forum members? :p
Never been a huge fan of Pokemon (I was a Digimon kid, suck it) but this sounds interesting as hell and I'd gladly parttake!
"Serio"This should be fun.
Might I suggest naming the Pokémon after forum members? :p[/quote]
That's the plan.
[quote="Zel/os"]Are the additional rules you've chosen set in stone currently or are you possibly choosing different ones? A good idea I've seen a few people do is have people vote on which rules apply during the stream using a flash poll for each route or something like that?
Well, take this chance to request any rules you'd like added.
A quick update folks, I am planning for the run to begin at 9pm GMT on Friday 12th August.
More details will be posted within the coming days.
God damn, I'll be on the plane by then.
So we're looking to go live on Twitch with this at 9pm on Saturday, GMT.
I've added a countdown timer to the home page!
We're going live tonight, we have an awesome setup going and it should be a LOT of fun!
We're probably going to start a little late, around 10pm, so I've updated the counter, but I'll be around from 9ish anyway so tune in to the stream early if you like that sort of thing.
Looking forward to it, going to be fun!
TONIGHT 10PM UK SUMMER TIME (GMT+1) 9PM UTC / GMT 1PM PACIFIC USA 4PM EASTERN USA 5PM CENTRAL USA 10PM CENTRAL EUROPE 11PM EASTERN EUROPE 1AM RUSSIA
Hope to see you all there. Or be square. M8.