Lysdestic VIP Member

Dr. Professor Logic, PhD.

44,931 XP

11th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,256 Posts

93 Threads

#3 2 years ago

I think we had this thread not too long ago on GF and I had the same response, but new beginnings and all that.

Spoiler: Show
youtube]AUXGW6sWYDY[/youtube]

It's always going to be that for me. Except on my play through it was night time and the moon was out.

Vantage

Proletariat Scum

123,875 XP

21st October 2004

0 Uploads

10,750 Posts

0 Threads

#4 2 years ago

I liked that moment. Pretty hype for Red Dead 2.

Here's "Make it Bun Dem" from Far Cry 3. Musical taste variation aside, this felt fairly cool in the context of the game.

Also, this track from MGS: GZ (I guess it was in MGS4 too)

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,716 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

793 Posts

9 Threads

#5 2 years ago

Zipacna

Re-heally?

50 XP

11th January 2008

0 Uploads

4,209 Posts

0 Threads

#6 2 years ago

Can remember saying this in the first thread and it hasn't changed, so yeah... once again:

[center]sigpic191442_14.jpg "I'm an amateur policeman and leisure time surgeon." Sounds insane? Welcome to the pain of historians and archaeolog

Chribolski VIP Member

No chance, you metal bastard

211 XP

17th August 2010

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

2 Threads

#7 2 years ago

This is gonna be a long post.

MCFC OK!

Chribolski VIP Member

211 XP

17th August 2010

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

2 Threads

#8 2 years ago

MCFC OK!

Chribolski VIP Member

211 XP

17th August 2010

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

2 Threads

#9 2 years ago

Sorry for the spam. - I am passionate about VG Music.

MCFC OK!

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,814 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,996 Posts

6 Threads

#10 2 years ago

In my opinion Mechwarrior 2 had a great soundtrack. It was special in that it had many good tracks instead of just one great theme. It had an extremely good fit of music to gameplay. Favorite include Arkham bridge and Pyre light.

Another old game with great track was Outcast, one of the first games to make use of a real symphony orchestra. Quality wise it beats many modern game soundtracks as well as a movie soundtracks. It is a symphonic soundtrack, so it takes a bit of time and attention to really apprciate it. Well worth the investment though. The main theme is not the strongest track, at least not its first half. The best track from score is probably "Heaven on Adelpha".

Oddly some of the Medal of honor soundtracks were really good. They just happened to be made by a really talented guy (Giacchino) who later moved on to movie soundtracks (e.g. the new Star Trek movie). "Sturmgeist's armored train" will be familiar to anyone who ever played the BF42 Forgotten Hope mod. There are other great tracks such as Manor House Rally, The labyrinth of the Minotaur or Escape from Casablanca. If those names don't tell you anything go to youtube now and check them out or hand in your videogame music enthusiast batch when you leave.

Jeremy Soule needs to be mentioned of course. I still like his original Morrowind theme best, all the other Elderscrolls stuff was just derivative work (most of it good though). One other track by Soule which is really awesome is "an old idea made new" from the Supreme Commander game. Never played the game and don't care for the rest of the soundtrack, but that one track is awesome.