BW2 installation, need major help, error 5009 6 replies

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

I really need help installing Black and White 2, i'll pop in the game, the autoplay menu will show up, i'll click install, it'll go to configuring Windows Install Shield and then this message pops up NewBitmapImage3.jpg i've tried about everything i could think of, messing with the compatability options, running as Administrator, i even switched disk drives, but no matter what i do, that message keeps coming up, i am running Windows Vista, this game worked just fine a while back before i had to reformat my hard drive not so sure why it wont work now, any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance to anyone who helps me

Digz Game Admin

33,450 XP

2nd May 2016

27 Uploads

2,920 Posts

27 Threads

#2 12 years ago

May have to call one of the techie guys in here, but to be honest when you reformated it it may have changed something, I'm no expert but that reformat just sounds trouble for games, also Windows Vista doesn't like games too much, I know it worked before but just trust me on that one.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 12 years ago

Good news, i found out the problem, apperantly vista and the reformat had nothing to do with the problem, for anybody else who has this problem, go here http://support.turbotax.intuit.com/cgi-bin/turbotax.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?fam=ttc&lid=91&p_faqid=1129 it doesnt matter if its for turbotax, it works fine just the same

Digz Game Admin

33,450 XP

2nd May 2016

27 Uploads

2,920 Posts

27 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Ah nice find!

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 12 years ago

i think i get this sort of problem with my B&W2 as well :( hopefully this should fix it. thanks! x

_________________________ Check out this free MMORPG! =] Genleo thankyou =]

Analysis

Nice....

50 XP

5th September 2007

0 Uploads

772 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago
javelinrifle;3844620I really need help installing Black and White 2, i'll pop in the game, the autoplay menu will show up, i'll click install, it'll go to configuring Windows Install Shield and then this message pops up NewBitmapImage3.jpg i've tried about everything i could think of, messing with the compatability options, running as Administrator, i even switched disk drives, but no matter what i do, that message keeps coming up, i am running Windows Vista, this game worked just fine a while back before i had to reformat my hard drive not so sure why it wont work now, any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance to anyone who helps me

Ok is your disk drive PC-CD or DVD-ROM or both? Secondly tell me is the game PC-CD ROM or DVD-ROM?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 12 years ago

The trick with renaming ''installshield'' works 100% just tried. tx for finding it man, nice job:bows: