MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,817 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,996 Posts

6 Threads

#1 1 year ago

Recently a new CoD has been announced, looks like they are returning to their roots and setting the scenario in WW2, western front. I haven't played a CoD game since Modern Warfare 2 (which was a really good MP game). The trailer, which claims to show in-game graphics (we all know how that usually goes) looks really nice. You can see though that they still treat the topic like most big publishers, i.e. with no regard for historical accuracy whatsoever (most noticeable by looking at the Stuka dive bombers equipped with slow-firing 37mm anti-tank guns which, for some reason, are machine guns in CoD).

A couple of years ago people were really annoyed by WW2 games because the market was so saturated with them. Do you think it is a good time to get back into it? Do you think CoD WW2 will be worth buying?

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,239 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,113 Posts

1,329 Threads

#2 1 year ago

I never got sick of WWII games as it's one of my favorite periods of history. Bit odd saying that but I think you know what I mean.

If it's decent I plan to get it. I haven't bothered with CoD since the first Modern Warfare.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,496 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,740 Posts

1,754 Threads

#3 1 year ago

With every WW2 release they seem to get better at it.  I just would really like to see, for once, a WW1 or Civil War game.  Only problem is that the tactics used really don't make for a fast-paced FPS unless you can somehow make marching in a straight line to get slaughtered worth the money :p

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#4 1 year ago

I just want to see a World War II game that focuses on the espionage, covert operations, and the resistance operations around Europe. Something like the Saboteur. 

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,496 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,740 Posts

1,754 Threads

#5 1 year ago

I believe that was called Medal of Honor: Allied Assault ;)

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,239 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,113 Posts

1,329 Threads

#6 1 year ago

The Sniper Elite have a little bit of that as well.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#7 1 year ago

"Adrian Ţepeş"I believe that was called Medal of Honor: Allied Assault ;)[/quote] Never played it.

[quote="RadioActiveLobster"]The Sniper Elite have a little bit of that as well.

Quite a bit, yeah. Death to Spies as well, technically.

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,817 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,996 Posts

6 Threads

#8 1 year ago
"Adrian Ţepeş"I believe that was called Medal of Honor: Allied Assault ;)

That game had a great soundtrack. I was also pretty impressed when I found out that the first MoH game's story was designed by Stephen Spielberg.

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,496 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,740 Posts

1,754 Threads

#9 1 year ago

Absolutely.  I actually found out about the Stephen Spielberg credit because the music was good enough to keep me interested throughout the credits ^_^

"Serio"
"Adrian Ţepeş"I believe that was called Medal of Honor: Allied Assault ;)
Never played it.

Ohhh, you really missed out.  If you can find a copy somewhere get it.  It was really ahead of its time.

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,096 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#10 1 year ago

Call of Duty: Activision's Yearly Paycheck.

I'll never get over Activision ruining this once great series and I'll likely never buy another CoD due to how extremely overpriced and repetitive the game is.