Once you have downloaded parts one and two off filefront and made sure that you have WinRAR for the .rar files proceed onto these steps.
1. Open WinRAR and find the folder containing your downloads.
2. Select the first download and then click extract to and select your original America's Army Folder from v2.6.
3. Extract both files to the original America's Army Folder and saying yes to all for any files that need over-writing.
4. If you want to install the new server manager (if it is different), the installer can be found in the directory of your America's Army in a zip file, not the setup file that is in there as that is the previous version. (Remember it is in a .zip file)
5. Open the system folder in your America's Army folder and then check to see if there is a file called User.ini as this is left over from previous versions and stores all the settings. Delete this file if it is there so that the settings will be restored to default.
You will have to do step 5 if you want to be able to drive vehicles as I came to do the HMMWV training and it wouldn't tell me what keys to press as the old settings didn't allow for vehicle driving. Once you have deleted the file you will most likely want to alter the keys as the new default settings seem to be quite queer.
P.S Mods please don't delete this as it is easier for people to follow than being at the botton of some old post.
Stickied! Read this before posting about 2,7.
Woooo, my first stickied thread.
Ill put it in a news post on the site :)
Tell me something Bumfluff. How to install 2.7 version if u don't have 2.6 on your computer.I think there is a lot of people who r new in AA world and 2.7 is probabaly their first encounter with the game!!
I don't know as obviously I already had it, but maybe try creating a file in program files and then adding all teh files to that.
Allright, i added the Document http://americasarmy.filefront.com/info/Install
I didn't make it!
arabarranTell me something Bumfluff. How to install 2.7 version if u don't have 2.6 on your computer.I think there is a lot of people who r new in AA world and 2.7 is probabaly their first encounter with the game!!
I've yet to get 2.7 to run, 2 weeks, equip is more than sufficient. Carefull what you post here, admins seem to think their territory is being invaded if any1 objects or express their opinion. Some have admitted to not being able to fight their way out of a wet paper bag, (read: technically CHALLENGED). The intent is to be, +/- ... someone who ineffectively responds. Afterall, if he told you all he knew, you'd be smarter than he. DONT"T expect help here except from those that actually play. Purtee much prima facia evidence if you totally check the sight after they changed hosts.