cpu vs ps3 vs 360 6 replies

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

Hello

i want to get a new system to play games.I am rather confused about what to get.i have decided to either upgrade my computer, buy a ps3 or xbox 360. i want to get something future proof. in other words i want it to last for about 5 years. but i cant decide. i would probably prefer to get the pc upgrade but i know it wont be future proof(i have a amd x2 @2ghz,1 gig ram, geforce 6600 le on a nvidia main board(not sli), wanting to upgrade to 1 more gig of ram and a geforce 7950gt). this costs round abouts 600 to 700 dollars in au mainly cause if i don't upgrade with the store that i purchased the pc from i lose 5 years hardware warranty(well 4.5 years left).

i am thinking of getting a ps3 because even though it will cost double, it feels like a more future proof system. just cautious of it due to how bad its going on the market and the chance of blu ray being abandoned for hd discs. also heard about issues in some games with frame rate(dunno if true). cost about 1200 dollars in au. also games range at about 110 dollars au.

lastly i was thinking of a 360. not to much of a fan of the xbox but it has all the titles i crave and has a nice price which is the same as the cpu upgrade about 700 dollars. not sure about the 360 because of all the errors that i have heard about such as the red ring of death or sumthin. games are at a very decent 70 dollars in comparison with ps3.

i cannot decide. cant really decide by the selection of games either cause all three have the games i play like oblivion, battlefield and graw.

:confused: what do you think i should do????

Benzin

AAAAARGH!

50 XP

30th December 2006

0 Uploads

4,455 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Well, I would always get a PC, you wouldn't really need to worry about Futureproof if you control your technolust. I'm fine with my PC except that a few things have broken. It's great!

Gaffer1991

Cowboy from Hell

50 XP

24th July 2006

0 Uploads

283 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Go for a PC. Although you will most likely need to get Vista because most games in the future will be pretty mush Vista only. But the Xbox 360 is very fun.

*The.Doctor

Trust me, I'm a Doctor

102,440 XP

25th November 2003

0 Uploads

9,964 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Even if you upgrade your computer now, its not going to last five years for gaming unless you keep upgrading it every year or so.

Thats why people like consoles, you buy it now, and you don't ever have to worry about upgrading until a new console is released.

If you want something to last awhile, i would get a Xbox 360.

arcadeplayer987

Revenge was here.

50 XP

25th April 2007

0 Uploads

1,819 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

Go for PC is my advice to because alot of great games are coming for it.

SteVen

"World's Best Boss"

50 XP

14th August 2004

0 Uploads

3,254 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

Paying 600-700 dollars for 1GB of ram and a 7950GT even to just keep a warranty sounds just plain dumb and hell of a waste of money. 1GB of ram on newegg will cost you about $70 and a 7950GT is $200. So... PS3 - Price drop $500 Xbox 360 - $400 Your PC upgrade - $270 from Newegg. Looks like an easy choice to me.

Capt. Redfield

BSAA Member

50 XP

9th July 2006

0 Uploads

125 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

Well I would personally recommend the Xbox 360. The 360 already has an extensive game line up, but then the 360 also will have quite a large line up this fall. And from what Microsoft has said about it's strategy for the 360, it appears that the system will be around for quite some time. Plus the whole deal about the red ring incident had to do with the first batch of xbox 360's. I purchased mine from the second batch of 360's. I've had it for almost a year and a half, and I haven't had a single problem yet. So I really don't think you have anything to worry about.