Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#1 2 years ago

So, Blizzard just struck another strike with the Banhammer, and the reactions are delicious. Amidst legal 'threats', declarations of war, and a cringey speech about how buying coins on a hack-site will help protect you in the future, there's enough drama to go around; http://www.pcgamer.com/the-latest-overwatch-banwave-inspires-tears-threats-and-hilarity/

I wonder if these people realise how ridiculous they are.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,794 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,401 Posts

2 Threads

#2 2 years ago

Now you know why I generally don't play multiplayer games.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#3 2 years ago

There's remarkably little in the way of cheating, from what I've experienced myself. Blizzard has been very efficient in making sure their games are clean of cheaters, and they probably have the best fair-play environment in the industry as a result.

Chribolski VIP Member

No chance, you metal bastard

211 XP

17th August 2010

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

2 Threads

#4 2 years ago

And now we're getting DDOS'd. Nice.

MCFC OK!

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#5 2 years ago

Aye, the entire bloody Battle.net login system on this side of the Atlantic went down last night. Right as I was heading through the Dark Portal in Warlords of Draenor. Outrageous.

Silberio VIP Member

Bourée

392,744 XP

9th October 2007

0 Uploads

37,216 Posts

2 Threads

#6 2 years ago

Dude, if you can't do the time, don't do  the crime. I hate that saying with all of my gut, but damn it's true.

qjyUJrq.png

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#7 2 years ago

I'm surprised there's still massive cheating happening in online games. Aren't most of the saved data stored online nowadays?

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#8 2 years ago

"Silberio"Dude, if you can't do the time, don't do  the crime. I hate that saying with all of my gut, but damn it's true. [/quote] Cheating in an online game is just plain stupid. Not only do you not gain anything, but the risks of getting caught these days are extreme. When Overwatch first came out, Blizzard was basically speed-shotting cheaters left and right. People got three bans in three days, with different configurations and stuff.

I'm glad to say I haven't encountered any obvious cheaters in my Overwatch games, so hell, if they want to continue giving Blizzard money and getting banned? Let 'em, I say. It just allows Blizzard to develop even greater content.

[quote="Lord Rumpuss V"]I'm surprised there's still massive cheating happening in online games. Aren't most of the saved data stored online nowadays?

I'm not sure what you mean. Most of the cheating these days don't occur by editing clientside files and such. They mostly hook in to the game's memory, or in other ways reverse engineer the game to give them an advantage. Some cheats allow people to replace textures with transparent ones, for instance, to let them see through walls*

* Not sure if that's actually how it works, but it's my guess.

Schofield VIP Member

om :A

319,554 XP

24th October 2007

1 Uploads

30,539 Posts

0 Threads

#9 2 years ago
"Lord Rumpuss V"I'm surprised there's still massive cheating happening in online games. Aren't most of the saved data stored online nowadays?

Most cheating is client side.  In The Division there was a client side cheat which would could make you shoot a thousand rounds a second.  This was due to a lot of the game being hosted client side however.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,794 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,401 Posts

2 Threads

#10 2 years ago
"Lord Rumpuss V"I'm surprised there's still massive cheating happening in online games. Aren't most of the saved data stored online nowadays?

Oh, you still see aim bot snipers in Team Fortress 2.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png