Does anyone play Overwatch? 13 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Super Administrator

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

279,577 XP

15th December 2002

560 Uploads

22,860 Posts

1,908 Threads

#1 3 years ago

Thinking of picking it up, if anyone wants to get together and play a few games?

Also are there any other MP games we could all play?

Danny King | Editor-in-Chief | GameFront.com 

Superfluous Curmudgeon Advanced Member

AOE2 Addict

12,526 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

845 Posts

12 Threads

#2 3 years ago

I'm not into the genre anywhere near enough to drop 60 USD on it. I've been waiting for a sale for Factorio and Rocket League though, as they seem interesting. I did recently pick up Rainbow Six Siege and it seems like a pretty decent shooter, though I am horrendously bad at it. Oh, and I have Battlefield 1 but have only put ~2-3 hours into it.

And there's always AOE 2. [image]https://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/emoticons/v1/140617/1.0[/image] I'm up to 350 hours and am still getting obliterated routinely.

Serio Advanced Member

The Dane

149,972 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,513 Posts

38 Threads

#3 3 years ago

Overwatch is probably the only FPS online game that I'm remotely interested in. Probably thanks to the fact even those that suck majorly at it, can contribute.

Lindæl Forum Moderator

Mister Angry Rules Guy

242,946 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,574 Posts

8 Threads

#4 3 years ago

It is basically just Team Fortress 2 with a 10th class.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

AOE2 Addict

12,526 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

845 Posts

12 Threads

#5 3 years ago
"Lindale"It is basically just Team Fortress 2 with a 10th class.

Polish is the key distinction from what I've heard. It takes what's good about TF2 and improves upon it. Hence it's popularity.

Serio Advanced Member

The Dane

149,972 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,513 Posts

38 Threads

#6 3 years ago

It's very distinct from Team Fortress 2. Aside from aforementioned polish, there's no P2W. All the stuff you get in lootboxes are entirely cosmetic - sprays, voicelines, poses, skins, the likes. 

I don't think I'd be able to go back to TF2 after playing Overwatch, honestly. It'd be like driving a Reliant Robin right after you drove a Ferrari.

AOE2 Addict

12,526 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

845 Posts

12 Threads

#7 3 years ago

"Serio"It's very distinct from Team Fortress 2. Aside from aforementioned polish, there's no P2W. All the stuff you get in lootboxes are entirely cosmetic - sprays, voicelines, poses, skins, the likes. 

I don't think I'd be able to go back to TF2 after playing Overwatch, honestly. It'd be like driving a Reliant Robin right after you drove a Ferrari.

Didn't realize TF2 went P2W. No wonder I suck so much at it. :P

Serio Advanced Member

The Dane

149,972 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,513 Posts

38 Threads

#8 3 years ago
"Superfluous Curmudgeon "Didn't realize TF2 went P2W. No wonder I suck so much at it. :P

I mean, the standard weapons are fine, but you really do need some of the stuff that can only be gotten through drops or crates. And that's the key difference, I feel. TF2 isn't as skill based as Overwatch, and despite being skill based, Overwatch has a position for everyone.

I keep returning to the latter point, because it's such an important aspect of multiplayer games that many developers miss. It's not surprising, since Blizzard has a lot more industry and genre experience than most other developers. But it's still refreshing to see a good multiplayer games :p

Nittany Tiger Forum Moderator

Feel me. Do I feel pretty?

289,182 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,142 Posts

0 Threads

#9 3 years ago

I have Overwatch, but I don't know if I can get it to run on my laptop at a playable frame rate online.

AOE2 Addict

12,526 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

845 Posts

12 Threads

#10 3 years ago

"Superfluous Curmudgeon "I'm not into the genre anywhere near enough to drop 60 USD on it. I've been waiting for a sale for Factorio and Rocket League though, as they seem interesting. I did recently pick up Rainbow Six Siege and it seems like a pretty decent shooter, though I am horrendously bad at it. Oh, and I have Battlefield 1 but have only put ~2-3 hours into it.

And there's always AOE 2. [image]https://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/emoticons/v1/140617/1.0[/image] I'm up to 350 hours and am still getting obliterated routinely.

Oh wow 522 hours now. I'm worse at the game FTR.