Does anyone play Overwatch? 11 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,304 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#1 1 year ago

Thinking of picking it up, if anyone wants to get together and play a few games?

Also are there any other MP games we could all play?

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#2 1 year ago

I'm not into the genre anywhere near enough to drop 60 USD on it. I've been waiting for a sale for Factorio and Rocket League though, as they seem interesting. I did recently pick up Rainbow Six Siege and it seems like a pretty decent shooter, though I am horrendously bad at it. Oh, and I have Battlefield 1 but have only put ~2-3 hours into it.

And there's always AOE 2. [image]https://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/emoticons/v1/140617/1.0[/image] I'm up to 350 hours and am still getting obliterated routinely.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#3 1 year ago

Overwatch is probably the only FPS online game that I'm remotely interested in. Probably thanks to the fact even those that suck majorly at it, can contribute.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,129 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#4 1 year ago

It is basically just Team Fortress 2 with a 10th class.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#5 1 year ago
"Lindale"It is basically just Team Fortress 2 with a 10th class.

Polish is the key distinction from what I've heard. It takes what's good about TF2 and improves upon it. Hence it's popularity.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#6 1 year ago

It's very distinct from Team Fortress 2. Aside from aforementioned polish, there's no P2W. All the stuff you get in lootboxes are entirely cosmetic - sprays, voicelines, poses, skins, the likes. 

I don't think I'd be able to go back to TF2 after playing Overwatch, honestly. It'd be like driving a Reliant Robin right after you drove a Ferrari.

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#7 1 year ago

"Serio"It's very distinct from Team Fortress 2. Aside from aforementioned polish, there's no P2W. All the stuff you get in lootboxes are entirely cosmetic - sprays, voicelines, poses, skins, the likes. 

I don't think I'd be able to go back to TF2 after playing Overwatch, honestly. It'd be like driving a Reliant Robin right after you drove a Ferrari.

Didn't realize TF2 went P2W. No wonder I suck so much at it. :P

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#8 1 year ago
"Superfluous Curmudgeon "Didn't realize TF2 went P2W. No wonder I suck so much at it. :P

I mean, the standard weapons are fine, but you really do need some of the stuff that can only be gotten through drops or crates. And that's the key difference, I feel. TF2 isn't as skill based as Overwatch, and despite being skill based, Overwatch has a position for everyone.

I keep returning to the latter point, because it's such an important aspect of multiplayer games that many developers miss. It's not surprising, since Blizzard has a lot more industry and genre experience than most other developers. But it's still refreshing to see a good multiplayer games :p

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,107 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#9 1 year ago

I have Overwatch, but I don't know if I can get it to run on my laptop at a playable frame rate online.

AnnaGreen

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.

50 XP

30th May 2017

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#10 1 year ago

I've tried to play Overwatch but I do not like it:( prefer to play vamite themed as Vampyr. It is strange that in spite of the game’s diversity in the industry, there is nowell-deserved vampire simulator. Among famous video games, only Skyrim offers exciting gameplay, based on vampire’s life. Nevertheless, thanks to Dontnod Entetainment, gamers will get vampire simulator of brand new level with interesting bloodthirsty scenes. The game starts in the dark and atmospheric world of London city where the main hero is the doctor who is able to accept the vampire transformation. The gameplay includes the abilities of Dishonored game and close-in/long-range combat according to the enemies. 

online games are the best way to relax after the hard working day