Plokite_Wolf VIP Member

World's most disgruntled gamer

5,592 XP

6th September 2016

1,115 Uploads

366 Posts

45 Threads

#1 1 month ago

What do you ladies and mentlegen think of what's been shown at E3 this year?

I'm personally still cross with the fact that 90% of the showcases were pre-rendered CG videos instead of gameplay previews. 

Either way, I liked the reveals of Stronghold: Warlords, Empire of Sin, the new Flight Simulator (the 6th to bear just the IP name, first since 1993), Evil Genius 2, and Commandos 2 HD Remastered. 

I'm quite cautious about Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition, as Skybox and Forgotten Empires aren't really having the best of times with previous projects that aren't Age of Empires II: HD Edition.

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

566,446 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,178 Posts

1,337 Threads

#2 1 month ago

I think a lot of devs don't want to face the "Downgrade" backlash so going CGI and trailers avoids that to some degree.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

242,355 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,529 Posts

5 Threads

#3 3 weeks ago

I am still waiting for Age Of Empires 4.

As for the new Flight Simulator, I spend years worth of hours in FS2003. I would probably end up doing the same thing with the next one. There is something very calming about flying vintage planes long-distance.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

357,056 XP

17th June 2002

7 Uploads

33,699 Posts

780 Threads

#4 2 weeks ago
Posted by Lindale

I am still waiting for Age Of Empires 4.

No. You'll buy Age of Empires II again and you'll like it!

So far as E3 goes, I didn't pay attention to it. I haven't paid any attention to them for years now. They should just rename the whole thing Liefest, and have each presentation prefaced with "the following presentation is made of lies", for the sake of accuracy.