Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#1 2 years ago

Supposedly, those that have tested the upcoming DLC(set to release at the end of May) for Bethesda's Fallout 4, have called it unnerving and scary. One Redditor that WCCF Tech contacted also claimed it took him 20-22 hours to search all the locations on the map, and do all the quests. Another put it as 10-15 hours, but noted he hadn't completed all the content. 

Far Harbour is set off the coast of New England, on a new, horrifying island. It involves the Diamond City detective, Nick Valentine, and the player character receiving a case that sends them to the titular island. It's set to retail at $24.95.

Does that seem like an acceptable amount of content for a $25 USD DLC? Or is it a blunder by Bethesda to price it like that?

Source: http://wccftech.com/fallout-4-harbor-dlc-20-hours-testers-scary-unnerving/

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#2 2 years ago

Depends on how much new content you get out of it.

As for me, I am about to start Fallout 4 for the first time ever. I am slightly excited.

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

356,406 XP

17th June 2002

7 Uploads

33,654 Posts

779 Threads

#3 2 years ago

Bethesda's big DLC packs are typically full-scale expansion packs in all but name. I've no problem with that pricing. I'm burnt out on Fallout 4 though, so I won't pick this up for a long while. To be honest, Fallout 4 was disappointing in a lot of ways, so I'm not sure if I'll pick it up at all.

Vantage

Proletariat Scum

123,875 XP

21st October 2004

0 Uploads

10,750 Posts

0 Threads

#4 2 years ago

Close to $1/hour sounds pretty good, but I'm sure it's worth waiting for price drops/GOTY/Season Pass deals to roll around. I'd think most people who are into Fallout 4 are either good with the amount of content in the main game for now or, like Mr. Matt, might need to step away for a bit if they've played it loads since release. I've heard good things about the DLC for being far better in a narrative/environmental feeling than the main game, so I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually. One video I watched compared the setting somewhat to Dishonored in broad tone, which sounds like a plus to me.

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,305 XP

15th December 2002

87 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#5 2 years ago

I've just started Far Harbour, it looks amazing, graphically at least, it's got a nice environment.

Kinda bored of synth synth synth stuff but, eh.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#6 2 years ago

"FileTrekker"I've just started Far Harbour, it looks amazing, graphically at least, it's got a nice environment.

Kinda bored of synth synth synth stuff but, eh.

You must be a synth. Only a synth would get bored of synth stuff.

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,305 XP

15th December 2002

87 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#7 2 years ago

I just felt the main questline, the entire railroad questline, half the brotherhood of steel questline....... etc. All hammered Synths to death.

Now we have more synth based quests.

Just want something different, y'know? I'm not too bothered considering the shed loads of DLC coming up, unless Bethesda loose it and just do 50 DLC packs all about the synths.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com