Favourite game from the 1990s? 7 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,293 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#1 10 months ago

So, what are your favorite games from the 90s?

I have a lot to choose from but top of my list have to be Sonic The Hedgehog, Grand Theft Auto, Lemmings, Driver, Quake, and Duke Nukem.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#2 10 months ago

I was either non-existent, or a wee lad in the 90s, depending on what year you are talking about.
1) Age of Empires 2
2) Lego Rock Raiders
3) Lego Racers
4) Quake 3
5) Midtown Madness

Coincidentally, these were all released in '99. Great year for gaming, I guess.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,122 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#3 10 months ago

* GoldenEye 007: I got to the point where NO ONE wanted to play with me, because I knew all the shortcuts, and I would always get to the Golden Gun first. With that, I would completely shut down entire areas of the map. Yes. I was a major cheater. Shuddup.

* The Sims: Yes, it was February of 2000, but close enough.

* SimCity 3000: Everything would always be perfect for a hundred years or so. But, somehow, right at the 100 year mark, the money would instantly drop to -200 million, and I was NEVER able to figure out why. I would simply delete that city, and make a new one.

* Streets of SimCity: The best thing about this game is how the installer also installed SimCity Urban Renewal Project, so you could modify the cities, and that ability completely blew my mind. Better yet, you could make your own cities, and play them in Streets of SimCity. Oh the years of playing that....In fact, I STILL have the floppy disk (Yes, a FLOPPY) full of my custom cities.

* Simcopter: The aforementioned SimCity Urban Renewal Project also worked in this game, because of course it did. I remember saving up to buy a joystick, just for this game.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#4 10 months ago
Posted by Lindale

* SimCity 3000: Everything would always be perfect for a hundred years or so. But, somehow, right at the 100 year mark, the money would instantly drop to -200 million, and I was NEVER able to figure out why. I would simply delete that city, and make a new one.

Can u plz delete the US and make a new one? Our money is at -200 million and nobody really knows why.

Last edited by Superfluous Curmudgeon 10 months ago

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,122 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#5 10 months ago

Delete America? I would love to do precisely that. As for making a new one, no.

The reason your money is at -200 million is because you have no intention of paying off your debts. Every time you hit your debt limit, you simply shut down your government until you make a new law that says you are allowed to owe this much, and now this much, and now this much.

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,293 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#6 10 months ago
Posted by Lindale

Not saying it is, but why does this sound like an anti-piracy measure? XD

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,122 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#7 10 months ago

Given the fact that I have the actual disk, it seems more like a mechanic built into the game.

Lysdestic VIP Member

Dr. Professor Logic, PhD.

45,016 XP

11th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,262 Posts

93 Threads

#8 10 months ago

When I first started gaming, I was way behind the times and stuck on dial-up and using a windows 98 PC. I think I lived on some "dosgames" site that I'd kill to remember the URL to. Granted, while it seems wrong to not compile a list of them that tickled my fancy I can't remember the last time I played one.

I still play the hell out of You Don't Know Jack, though. And it's still a blast.