Good World War I game (New Battlefield?) 3 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,293 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#1 2 years ago

I'm not into Battlefield or COD, never have been, find both series seem to be churning out games far too fast to be of decent quality and seem to follow a formula.

But I could just be pre-judging, because I've not actually sat down and properly played a game from either series, certainly not recently.

But I'm currently in the mood for a decent World War I era game, one with good atmosphere and setting, do you guys have any recommendations? I heard the new Battlefield that is in beta is set in that period? Is that any good?

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,293 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#2 2 years ago

dgs

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,400 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,121 Posts

1,330 Threads

#3 2 years ago

The Battlefield One is in open beta right now (until the 8th) so there is no reason to not try it. It's rather fun if you are playing with friends or in a squad that plays together.

The only other WWI game I am aware of in the shooter genre is Verdun which is a more realistic style shooter.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#4 2 years ago

I haven't heard great things about it. It sounds like it's more or less just more of the same.

I'd actually like to see a Call of Duty(crucify me) set during World War I with an engaging story. I think they could pull it off.