Nick1989

Finish the fight in 2007

50 XP

27th November 2005

0 Uploads

1,122 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago
Rumours imply that Microsoft's Halo 3 for the XBOX360 will come on 4 discs with a massive 36 GB. Dual layer discs have a total capacity of 9 GB which would be around 7 times bigger than todays average. Many companies today are struggeling to fit their games on just one disc. The storage demands are not getting any lower. The size could be explained by high-quality sound and video files but nothing has been confirmed as of yet.

I found that on Halo 2's filefront site!!! What do you guys think???

Pethegreat VIP Member

Lord of the Peach

70 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

20,892 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

As I said in the news comments it is still only a rumor. Halo 3 is not due for another 8 months at the minium(it has not been announced yet)

In that time MS will improve the compression on the DVD's, I doubt it would get good enough to compact 36gb down to 8gb.

Rumor: plausable is bungie wants to make a killer final installment in the series.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 12 years ago

Wow 36gb... wow!

Nfan

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

26th May 2005

0 Uploads

45 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

That would stink! 4 discs is ridiculous! Games should be able to be big without going on multiple discs.

evildude

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

25th August 2003

0 Uploads

4,300 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago
NfanThat would stink! 4 discs is ridiculous! Games should be able to be big without going on multiple discs.

u know how dumb that sounds?

Pethegreat VIP Member

Lord of the Peach

70 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

20,892 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

What about the final fantasy games? People loved them like nothing else on the PS1 even though they were split into 3 Cd's.

You relly can't say this is bad, it may be an incovience, but 36gb of content would be awsome.

inashix

GF makes me horny

50 XP

8th November 2005

0 Uploads

89 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

actually its 9.4 gb, second i think your full of it, pop in any ps2 disk in your comps dvd drive each game is about 1-2 gigs and most of the data is sound second microsoft isn't just gonna sit there and let the dual layer dvd size stay at 9.4 gb, its gonna pay the manufacture that makes the xbox 360s game disks some money to make the disks bigger so you can make better graphics, trust me its not the uncommon its like, at the beginning of the ps1 cycle cds could hold 650 mb, and at the end of the cycle could hold 900 mb, so microsoft will probably have dual layer dvds with 12-15 gigs a piece, and with compression they could get halo 3 (or infinity depending on if you played bungie's marathon series) onto 2 disks, 1 disk purely for multiplay the other purely for story,

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#8 12 years ago

Jeez, I entered this thread wondering what the big deal was. I know nothing about consoles, but with PC games four CDs seems to be quite common now. But 4 DVDs sounds outrageous. 36 GBs is a lot of anything...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 12 years ago
Nick1989I found that on Halo 2's filefront site!!! What do you guys think???

What do I think ? I think that is all just a rumor judging from your quote where it says " Rumors imply " a game will never be able to run on 4 discs, because not being able to support a game all on one disc is stupid, its the xbox 360 the most powerful console ever !!!! so I'm pretty sure it will just be able to manage the whole game with one disc since Halo 3 is going to be on the most powerful comsole ever created.

Master Chief 14

Some Dude

50 XP

23rd October 2005

0 Uploads

2,487 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

I think it is a good idea to have 4 discs since bungie wants to make Halo 3 the last and best hit. Not to mention make it good so it battles out with the Ps3 when they both release on the same day.