gravy666

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

20th August 2007

0 Uploads

7,561 Posts

0 Threads

#11 10 years ago

I wish Halo: Reach would release a week earlier... next week, I only have two days of school because of the holidays, but the week after (when Reach comes out) I have a full five-day week.

Otherwise, can't wait for my Recon helmet and that chest thing from GameStop.

BlitZ, The 57th;5387206Sigh, up til today I don't get why Bungie wants Halo to remain console only.... FPSes have so much potential on PCs.

If you pester some of the PC supremacists (of which there are many) around here, you will quickly learn that Halo isn't much of a hit on PCs because, at least as far as PC gaming goes, Halo (apparently) isn't much different from other PC shooters of years past.

Of course, though, there's the chance those folks are just jealous of consoles. =p

jk idk y either lol

BlitZ, The 57th

Fack, Fack you, Fack that

50 XP

20th April 2007

0 Uploads

3,236 Posts

0 Threads

#12 10 years ago

gravy666;5388597 If you pester some of the PC supremacists (of which there are many) around here, you will quickly learn that Halo isn't much of a hit on PCs because, at least as far as PC gaming goes, Halo (apparently) isn't much different from other PC shooters of years past.

Of course, though, there's the chance those folks are just jealous of consoles. =p

jk idk y either lol

The way I see it, they didn't really release halo for the PC. So majority of the online gaming for halo happens in xbox, hence even PC members who want to play halo online gets an xbox.

Trend continues on and on and on, which makes it look like theres not much of a hit for PC gaming with halo. Like Bungie never gave PC a chance, and they just lost it all for the PC gamers.

superwierdo024

Addicted to GF

50 XP

2nd April 2010

0 Uploads

302 Posts

0 Threads

#13 10 years ago

Have They Release the Halo Game?

SuperSmeg

Renegade Cybertronian

50 XP

22nd September 2005

0 Uploads

10,694 Posts

0 Threads

#14 10 years ago

superwierdo024;5388833Have They Release the Halo Game?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. 12 more days to go.

It was inevitable that I was going to buy Reach. I'm even shelling out for the Legendary edition (the version with the statue) just because I'm a fan.

But to be honest though, i'm looking forward more to The Force Unleashed 2 and Black Ops.

Plus, I had to buy Reach since I'm the subadmin for Halofiles.com :)

[QUOTE=gravy666;5388597]I wish Halo: Reach would release a week earlier... next week, I only have two days of school because of the holidays, but next week (when Reach comes out) I have a full five-day week.

Otherwise, can't wait for my Recon helmet and that chest thing from GameStop.

If you pester some of the PC supremacists (of which there are many) around here, you will quickly learn that Halo isn't much of a hit on PCs because, at least as far as PC gaming goes, Halo (apparently) isn't much different from other PC shooters of years past.

jk idk y either lol

I wish Halo 3, ODST and Reach would come to PC. It would certainly make my job easier, lol.

Mr. Matt Advanced Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

357,144 XP

17th June 2002

7 Uploads

33,704 Posts

781 Threads

#15 10 years ago

I haven't particularly 'anticipated' a Halo game since I finally got to try Halo CE when it was released on PC, and found it to be quite thoroughly 'average' in comparison to the other games I was playing at the time.

My general sense of 'meh' remained unchanged when I played Halo 3 and found it also to be thoroughly average.

Ultimately, it's not my cup of tea.

As for why PC-exclusive gamers have a chip on their shoulder regarding Halo, it may have something to do with the game originally being designed purely for the PC, in a dramatically different manner, before Microsoft threw enough money at Bungie to redesign it and make it console-only. The resulting game, while an undisputed milestone for the FPS genre on consoles, was nothing particularly special when compared against its PC contemporaries.

Personally I just don't enjoy the style of the games, as much as I do others. I'm a console owner, past and present, so it has nought to do with that really.

Granyaski Advanced Member

High as a kite

107 XP

29th May 2008

0 Uploads

11,881 Posts

1 Threads

#16 10 years ago

I personally can't wait.

One of the reasons I love all the Halo's is the storyline. the other reason is because(without sounding too cocky) I'm good at it. A game is always better when you own.

Tarvos

Awesome Possum

50 XP

10th April 2006

0 Uploads

1,261 Posts

0 Threads

#17 10 years ago

Never been a fan of Halo. I would say it's too easy, but easy isn't the right word... The gameplay is too rounded, if you know what I mean. Actually, I'm not looking forward to it because most of my XBL friends are probably going to get it, leaving me with my only FPS, shitty MW2, to be played alone. Well, at least FIFA 11 and Fable 3 are just around the bend.

crisissuit3

We will rule you

101,365 XP

17th August 2007

0 Uploads

9,209 Posts

0 Threads

#18 10 years ago

I enjoyed halo:ce and custom edition.

But the only reason I truly love halo is the co-op. I don't know why but halo's Co-op mode has always had a spot near my heart for games.

>Omen<

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#19 10 years ago

I could never take Halo CE PC too seriously. It seemed like something that wanted to be a serious adult sci fi shooter wrapped up in a kid game with giggly cartoonish enemies. That being said it did have some challenging battles and creative concepts, and I did like flying the aircraft. Just noticed there's XP hacks for Halo 2 so I'll be playing that to help me through this boring summer for PC games.

Granyaski Advanced Member

High as a kite

107 XP

29th May 2008

0 Uploads

11,881 Posts

1 Threads

#20 10 years ago

crisissuit3;5389473I enjoyed halo:ce and custom edition.

But the only reason I truly love halo is the co-op. I don't know why but halo's Co-op mode has always had a spot near my heart for games.

Yeah. it's way more fun playing Halo co-op online and in campaign rather than COD...