Snipes001

-LRS^$hadow!^

50 XP

26th July 2004

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I downloaded America's Army and saved it as AmericasArmy in the program files folder (i changed the name of the file). When i try to open it it says that windows cant open the file! wtf is up with that? plz help me and dont call me a noob or make fun of me.:confused: :uhm: :(

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,515 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#2 14 years ago

No, you aren't. :)

Tell me, does this open up a window giving a list of programs you can open up the file with? If so, simply add ".exe" to the end of the installer, that should fix the problem. If it is something different, please tell me.

Snipes001

-LRS^$hadow!^

50 XP

26th July 2004

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

it says that windows needs to know what created the file and that it can look it up on the web (doesnt work) or i can choose the program from a list

Snipes001

-LRS^$hadow!^

50 XP

26th July 2004

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

thnx ensign what you said to do worked but now i have another problem, i cant get an acount for the game. when i try to register it says that the page cant be displyed. this is really pissing me off, cuz i have to keep doing marksmanship again and again

CorT VIP Member

,-'

50 XP

2nd April 2003

0 Uploads

21,460 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

the authentication server is probably down.

go to http://aa.filefront.com/ and look on the left of the page. right now there is a 'Not Found' image. when that is 'Not Found' or a red button with the words 'offline' you can't register, save training scores, or play on servers that require auth.

Snipes001

-LRS^$hadow!^

50 XP

26th July 2004

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

so when will it be up? im getting tired of doing marksmanship, ive done it 4 tmes now and im so good at it i hit 36/40 targets, thats sad edit- can you tell me when the server thing is up? cuz i cant see the red thing yur talking about:uhm: 2nd edit- nvm, i see it it says Not Found in big bold print:eek:

CorT VIP Member

,-'

50 XP

2nd April 2003

0 Uploads

21,460 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

yeah, there having problems with it. it should be up soon...well, thats the idea anyway. once they sort put whatever the problem is things will be running smoothly again...