Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#1 2 years ago

(this is pretty much exclusively for book ;) )

There was some dispute in the Homeworld fandom after Gearbox put out Homeworld Remastered. As a result, they've gone back and looked over the games, updating and tweaking and porting some features from Homeworld 1 into the sequel, releasing a free update to the game(*).

User /u/trooperdx3117 on Reddit summarized the changes;

In case you don't know V2.0 is a pretty huge change for Homeworld remastered. It includes the following This is a pretty massive patch for Homeworld remastered that will hopefully revitalize the community. It includes the following:

1) Return of formations to Homeworld, and these formations will affect both Hw1 and Hw2 ships. Gearbox pretty much so recoded from scratch the ship movement codebase so ships should look better now and less bumper car in flight now.

2) Real time ballistics for all weapons, this will replace the current RNG system for both Hw1 and Hw2 ships where appropriate.

3) Improved ship behavior. Will now be able to toggle between aggressive, evasive and neutral stances for ships. In Aggressive ships will hold formation and focus on attack over survival. Evasive ships will break formation in order to evade enemy fire and will prioritize speed and survival over attack. While Neutral is a balance between the two.

4) Bugfixing, Gearbox pretty much wen't through the old miscellaneous code and redid the codebase.

5) Balance, used a bunch of modders from the forums and mod community to do community testing and establish the right balancing for multiplayer.

6) Modding, brand new and improved mod tools made with the help of the hardcore mod community so hopefully we should be seeing some great mods coming out for Homeworld remastered such as Complex 10.

Here is the patch log (https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205281840-Homeworld-Remastered-Collection-Update-Information).

For what its worth i've been playing around with the update and it is a vast improvement over the initial release. It sucks it wasn't like this on release but I urge anyone interested who missed remastered because of the changes to take another look at it! Also great to see Gearbox offering up a DRM free version as well for people who didn't want to purchase initially on steam.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4n1olb/homeworld_remastered_v20_is_released_also/d4026st

* requires you to actually own the remaster on Steam or GOG.

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#2 2 years ago

Well it's about damn time.

Now all I need is a the Gundam mod team to update their stuff and I'm all good.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

book VIP Member

I'm a book!

48,335 XP

13th November 2002

15 Uploads

4,406 Posts

0 Threads

#3 2 years ago

Just got the update installed myself, looking forward to playing with it.