Is anyone else having trouble with the 360 5 replies

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

Today when i got home i went to go play my 360 and i got no picture and there was a black spot on top i was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Pethegreat VIP Member

Lord of the Peach

70 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

20,892 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Nope. I have an occasional problem with the xbox guide locking the console up, but it is not anything that would make it unplayable.

I would check all your connections. Use the white, red, and yellow wires if you are hooking up to a normal TV and the Red, blue, green RCA connectors if you are hookink it up to a high def TV. Make sure your selector for High-def or standard-def in in the correct position. If it is all you still get it, call up MS tech support.

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

I'm a pretty girl

289,000 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,131 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

I've heard of occasional and random problems with the 360.

I'm not sure how many 360s are affected, to what percentage of all the Xbox 360s sold are defective, how large this problem is, nor if Microsoft is doing anything about it, but I do know that there have been complaints.

The problems range from overheating to defective AV cables, but so far they have been random. Some people see this as the result of Microsoft rushing their Xbox 360 out into stores in time for the holidays. I really have opinion about that myself.

As far as your problem, check your AV cable and play with it to see if the spot goes away or not. If possible, use another cable (but I doubt this is possible). Also, plug the 360 into other TVs to see if the spot persists. If the spot is only on one TV, it's the TV. If it appears on every TV you plug it in, then something is wrong with your 360 or the AV cable.

I hope this helps.

Amy

Naughty

50 XP

28th October 2004

0 Uploads

3,443 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago
ChevelleToday when i got home i went to go play my 360 and i got no picture and there was a black spot on top i was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

A friend of mine had that problem so he took it back and exchanged it, then not even a week later had it happen again. Took it back a again and got his money back, shoulda waited till it was out for a while so they can work the bugs out of it.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 12 years ago

But then, the majority of players haven't had any problems with it at all. I got mine on day one, and it hasn't crashed or refused to boot once. Have a couple of friends with similar experiences.

I think there must just be a couple of dodgy batches or something.

Guns4Hire

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd September 2002

0 Uploads

15,559 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Mine has been runing great. Premium.