Is the Switch a flop already? 6 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,296 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#1 1 year ago

High prices for games, small launch catalog, relatively expensive price for what is essentially gaming tablet hardware, and poor performance when docked to the TV (which, in the end, has no real hardware in the dock)...

Currently finding it hard to see why you would want one of these unless you intended to travel around with it primarily and dock it to the TV secondary, and even then, the prices are insane.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,124 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#2 1 year ago

Given the way Nintendo treats their fans, that alone means I refuse to touch anything Nintendo.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,107 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#3 1 year ago

"FileTrekker"High prices for games, small launch catalog, relatively expensive price for what is essentially gaming tablet hardware, and poor performance when docked to the TV (which, in the end, has no real hardware in the dock)...

Currently finding it hard to see why you would want one of these unless you intended to travel around with it primarily and dock it to the TV secondary, and even then, the prices are insane.

On top of a brand new online fee that includes a free NES or SNES ROM rental for 30 whole days,...yeah I have no interest in this thing.

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,296 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#4 1 year ago

The online thing is quite inexplicable given how few decent online titles Nintendo consoles tend to have... 

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Steampoweredcat

Registered Loser

50 XP

12th July 2016

0 Uploads

36 Posts

0 Threads

#5 1 year ago

I'm probably going to get one when it comes down in price, it does look fun to me.

"When I die, I want to go in my sleep just like my Grandpa did. Not screaming like all the people on his plane."

NubSmoo

50 XP

3rd May 2016

1 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#6 1 year ago

I like the switch so far, only complaint is price of games (especially here in Australia). However, Nintendo games always seem to be expensive.

Desktop Specs: CPU: AMD FX-4130 Quad Core @ 3.8GHz, Motherboard: ASRock N68-VS3 FX, Ram: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz, GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA),Case: Raidmax ATX (B

Chribolski VIP Member

No chance, you metal bastard

214 XP

17th August 2010

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

2 Threads

#7 1 year ago

Given the sales figures for it, no. 

MCFC OK!