Piercing the veil.
9th August 2003
I do a fair bit of trading in Guild Wars.
Some people try to double cross you on a daily basis.
Main scams I've come across:
- NEVER let items drop outside of town in front of a warrior or an assassin. They will try to sprint or teleport to the item and steal it.
- ALWAYS watch out for the trade prices. A lot of scammers will try to enter the value in gold instead of platin, e.g. 60g instead of 60,000g.
- If someone keeps opening and closing trade the whole time, be wary, they're trying to get you to accept quickly without checking the trade after the 3rd or 4th time.
- NEVER trust someone who says "hey, that item looks buggy, there's an 'under construction' symbol there". While this may have been so for some newer content PlayNC was adding, it is most definitely gone now. Used a lot in conjunction with the drop item scam.
- Frozen Ecto is worthless. It was a christmas 2006 item that could be traded for yuletide tonics, and is now useless. A few scammers try to pass it off as real ecto though. Also, Mursaat Tokens look similar enough to ecto to be confused by some players.
During my trades, I've come across a lot of these bastards. After the sixth or seventh, I decided to start a blacklist with known scammers. I always have a text document open in the background which I update.
[COLOR="Red"]Here are the names of the people who tried to cross me so far and their ploy: [/COLOR] Mr Lupus The One (teleport) Burning Magician (gold) Rapp Er (gold) Horror Father The Fozzmeister (soulstone 50k-90k, they're worth 1-5k in reality) Mono Teiste (gold, cd key) The Maximus Warrior Guerrier De Xena (gold) Russ Lee Alex (gold) Cozmik Shadow (false items token>ecto) Achilles The Ripper (selling gray dye for black dye) Nitro Is Leet (drop item scammer) X Lonely Batser X (gold) Valentino Guerrier[Cash] (gold)
YOu know what the problem with your list is oh wise Weiner ? People can drop those names in no time. What you need to do is get them reported the MOMENT you have an issue with them .
Piercing the veil.
9th August 2003
I usually do, but some of those idiots have tried to scam me twice in a row on the same account.
Slam them ohhhh masterful Wiener.
Another one is a ferrying scam where they ask for half the gold here half the gold there. Some of them take half and flee.
Answer to that: Screen shots of Convo. Send it in to Anet .....
I pretend to do stuff.
16th January 2004
Warning: New scam encountered.
Scammer: Pat Red Way
Scam: Trading "A Heart of Ice" as a Sapphire. (Multiple, actually. A total of 70 were offered for my Kuunavang just 5 minutes ago). This is a worthless quest item, and thus worth shit all. Be on the lookout.
Yeah .. I noticed this one for the first time two days ago ... This will show you , you MUST look at what you are trading for.
Vince Noir;3658216Another one is a ferrying scam where they ask for half the gold here half the gold there. Some of them take half and flee.
Yep, that's why I try to persuade them to let me pay once the run is complete and I reach my destination, because they may not succeed in the run, and if it's in the second half and they die, I don't have to pay because they have failed but if they do complete it I would happily pay them because they have ran me there without trying to scam me.
People need to be more nice and kind when it comes to money, which may I remind people isn't real.