Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#1 1 year ago

So, the Andromeda Initiative website is live now, and will be feeding all us hungry fans with new information on this upcoming, hopefully glorious, game by Bioware.

What I've seen so far from the game has made me hopeful. It's a good idea to have it set in a new galaxy, centuries after the Reaper attack. Even if you contact the Milky Way, the Reapers are so far in the distant past that they have no influence on the current story. It's quite brilliant.

And it opens up so many new options. More extinct cultures, societies, new aliens. New life and new civilisations!

Anyone else pumped for it?

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

356,136 XP

17th June 2002

6 Uploads

33,633 Posts

778 Threads

#2 1 year ago

I'm just hoping that it isn't Dragon Age: Inquisition with lasers.

Unfortunately, with comparisons already being made to war table missions and such, I'm worried.

Still hyped as fuck though.

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,291 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,141 Posts

5 Threads

#3 1 year ago

War table missions weren't that bad. It was the frickin mmo grind crap that really did it in. 

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,095 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#4 1 year ago

I never buy into hype, especially from a AAA publisher, and especially one like EA.  Zero integrity in game information nowadays.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#5 1 year ago

Oh, what boring lives you cynics must live :p You can be excited and anticipating a game without buying into the hype train. 

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,814 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,996 Posts

6 Threads

#6 1 year ago

I didn't play Dragon Age: Insquitistion. Really liked the first part, sort of managed to play the second part without getting too angry. Inquisition just sits on the shelf because real life is not letting me out of its grips.

As for Andromeda, I think it is a nice idea to continue the brand in a new time setting. Mass Effect 1-3 were good games, but the main story increasingly got in the way. So a new game with a new chance for a main story sounds like a good idea.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#7 1 year ago

I get the sense the main story will be less about saving the galaxy this time, and more focused on exploration.

As for Inquisition... I thought it was pretty damn good. It had the optional grinding, but it never got in the way of the story. And the exploration was amazing.

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,602 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,730 Posts

2 Threads

#8 1 year ago

I'm pretty much hype-proof these days. Show me some quality goods and I might get on board, but that's a pretty slim "might". So nah, Andromeda isn't getting me psyched at all.

Problem with Mass Effect is that most of the quality goods in the trilogy were supposed to be in the writing, and that ultimately devolved into a string of textbook troping with an air of hubris. Changing writers halfway through didn't do anyone any favours, Drew Karpyshyn was definitely the better qualified. BioWare's over-reliance on their writing is a turn-off for me because they're just not as good as they think they are, and even if they were, that still couldn't cover for unengaging gameplay.

I really do miss the days when BioWare had an AD&D license.

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,723 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

793 Posts

9 Threads

#9 1 year ago

Super excited - even if it's not a "great" game, I really liked the universe of Mass Effect one way or another. I'm a bit worried at how EA will try to twist it in a way that will squeeze as much cash out of customers as possible though. I still haven't played any of the DLCs, as they have never gone on sale.

I'm hopeful though. There's been few games I've been excited about lately. ME4 is one of them.