For the Emperor! Knights of Caliban!

154,320 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

13,497 Posts

0 Threads

#3 9 years ago

OMG I came in my pants...

[color=#000000][size=2][b][i]Heralds of the coming doom, Like the cry of the Raven, we are drawn, This oath of war and vengeance, On a blade of exalted iron sworn, With blood anointed swords

Captain Fist

DEUS LO VULT

113,265 XP

17th December 2005

0 Uploads

10,629 Posts

0 Threads

#4 9 years ago

They call me stompy!

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,008 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#5 9 years ago

I saw that trailer yesterday, looks very nice (although it looks more like a cutscene in some ways than gameplay).

Apparently Mech Warrior 4 can be downloaded for free now to reduce the waiting time for this one. The download doesn't seem to be ready though so I donwloaded MechCommander 2 instead (also available for free). It is fun, but from what I remember the original Mech Commander had better graphics.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#6 9 years ago

According to Joystiq;

Big robots blowing each other up! The only way to make the prior sentence more masculine would be to repeat the word "bacon" about eight times. With that said, Smith & Tinker has authorized MekTek to distribute bacon MechWarrior 4, along with its expansions, for free. This likely has just a tiny bit to do with the recently announced MechWarrior reboot.

There is currently no release date, but Smith & Tinker states "the free download will be available soon!" Yes, YES! Now to stomp to the kitchen while making Mech walking noises and fry up some bacon!

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/09/mechwarrior-4-free-on-battletech-com-soon/

I've never played a MechWarrior or MechCommander game(the closest I've gotten to one was some game with a giant blue robot protecting the infantry charging into their own death by getting crushed under the friendly mechs), but this one looks interesting. Of course, to me anything with explosions and torn apart stuff looks interesting. I'm guessing the engine is Unreal?

Primarch Vulkan VIP Member

154,320 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

13,497 Posts

0 Threads

#7 9 years ago

MrFancypants;4944201I saw that trailer yesterday, looks very nice (although it looks more like a cutscene in some ways than gameplay).

Apparently Mech Warrior 4 can be downloaded for free now to reduce the waiting time for this one. The download doesn't seem to be ready though so I donwloaded MechCommander 2 instead (also available for free). It is fun, but from what I remember the original Mech Commander had better graphics.

Where can we find MechWarrior 4 and MechCommander 2? The Website? Are they demos or full games?

[color=#000000][size=2][b][i]Heralds of the coming doom, Like the cry of the Raven, we are drawn, This oath of war and vengeance, On a blade of exalted iron sworn, With blood anointed swords

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,008 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#8 9 years ago
Uwsar-Hat-Anupuw;4944437Where can we find MechWarrior 4 and MechCommander 2? The Website? Are they demos or full games?

MechWarrior 4 hasn't been uploaded yet, as far as I can tell, the post above yours contains the link though.

You can get the Mech Commander games here: Mechcommander.org The games' source code has been released, so they are freeware now.

So far I only got the second part working on Vista (you have to delete or rename two files: badcard.csv and vidcard.csv and run as administrator).

Mad Cat MkII

Sazamaphrase

50 XP

7th November 2005

0 Uploads

5,387 Posts

0 Threads

#9 9 years ago

About fucking time! Been playing since the days of Mechwarrior 2 and 10 years is just far to long since ive been able to play a new one. Funny just today i was thinking about installing the 4th one on my laptop. Looks like it's time to bring out the joy stick again.

Primarch Vulkan VIP Member

154,320 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

13,497 Posts

0 Threads

#10 9 years ago

been playing Mechcommand 2 for a while not bad...I'm looking foward to the new MechWarrior mind you...